My Business
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Noticing spammy businesses in the area or wondering about our policies? Ask your questions here.
Guide Me
star_border

How can we remove reviews left by disgruntled former employees, which violates US CRFA ACT?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 11
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

According to Cambridge dictionary, the meaning of "Libelous" is "making false or unfair statements that are likely to damage the reputation of a person or organization". This is what exactly prohibited by US CRFA ACT

How can we remove reviews left by disgruntled former employees, which violates US CRFA ACT?

Top Contributor
# 12
Top Contributor

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to chime in and clarify that employees (current or past) are not supposed to review the business they work for.  This is Google's guideline as stated here: https://support.google.com/business/answer/2622994?hl=en

"If you own or work at a place, please don’t review your own business or employer"

Also, Richard is correct about the descriptors.  It appears like the real-world name of this business is just "Kiddie Academy" and you are not supposed to add location information into the business name field.

https://goo.gl/maps/pU59mqtHZFr

https://goo.gl/maps/31GnYcc1vQB2

@Nader S please update your business title to be in compliance with the guidelines and I'll go ahead now and ask Google to take a look at these reviews.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 13
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@JoyHawkinshow can I send you employment verification privately ( if needed).

Also, with regards to location descriptors; Kiddie Academy has almost 170+ locations throughout the country. All Kiddie Academy have location descriptors to separate the business from the nearest Kiddie Academy location. In my area there are several Kiddie Academies within 10-12 miles of my location. All my legal documents have "Kiddie Academy of Stonebridge-McKinney" ( lease agreement, franchise legal documents, state and city documents). I only manage one school, all other locations use location descriptors as well and manged by their owners. Furthermore, our parents refer us as "Kiddie Academy of Stonebridge-McKinney" to other parents to differentiate from other Kiddie Academy in the area. Also, our phones are answered with the full name ( including location descriptor)

Appreciate your assistance.

Thanks

Nader S

Top Contributor
# 14
Top Contributor

@Nader S

Okay.  No worries then - it's probably fine by Google.

I should be okay without the documentation but if I need it, I'll let you know. 

Owner of Sterling Sky

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 15
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

@JoyHawkins
i think he wants to send you proof primarily as it relates to the 3rd star only review
the one submitted on behalf of but not by a former employee

clarify the nature of all 3 being in cahoots

the other 2 reviews are self explanatory

Top Contributor
# 16
Top Contributor

So, the unfortunate news is that Google isn't going to remove them at the moment because their guidelines apparently only cover existing employees.  I think their reasoning is ridiculous and am going to try and argue it but it might take some time. 

Owner of Sterling Sky

Re: How can we remove reviews left by disgruntled former employees, which violates US CRFA ACT?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 17
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for trying. Please try again when you get the opportunity.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Nader S

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 18
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

@JoyHawkins
see if you can advance the argument that the reviews don't represent a real world customer experience

only parents and guardians of children in the school are customers.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 19
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for trying for me. I talked to Google business today and no progress. The same fake reviewer also left review on Yelp. Yelp worked with me and removed fake reviews by former employee.

Please let me know what else can be done here. Should I reach out to my congressman as well...they supposedly care about Small Business :)

Top Contributor
# 20
Top Contributor

Nader,

I wanted to update this thread and let you know that Google updated their guidelines and reviews from ex-employees are no longer allowed.  It looks like you already got the 2 removed that were from former employees. As for the one you said is a friend of the ex-employee, did you want to provide the screenshot you referenced showing the relationship between them so I can see if they'll use that to remove the review?  I'm not sure if they will or not but it's worth a shot.

Owner of Sterling Sky