Analytics
2.7K members online now
Understand information in your reports and troubleshoot reporting issues such as self-referrals, (not set) data, and inaccurate information

Guide Me
star_border

Add to Dashboard & Shortcut buttons missing from basic navigation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

With the new UI, I cannot find the old Add to Dashboard & Shortcut buttons from basic navigation, which leaves only save, share & export. Does anyone know how to get them back? Thanks a lot.

1.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Zibu,

Shortcuts is now saved reports.  Just click save.

Dashboards can still be created but need to be done within the dashboard area.  Most folks are opting to create in Data Studio instead as it's much more powerful.

Best,

Theo Bennett

Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey. I have been working with Google analytics for years and I train it too. Removing this feature is a MAJOR MAJOR omission in my opinion. Building a dashboard in the traditional widget builder is a real pain and it's slow and difficult for most, however the ability to find a report in the reporting screens and simply "add to dashboard" is a godsend.

This now seems to have been removed from the new UI. Please please bring it back ASAP.

Not everyone is a power user and not everyone wants to use the data studio to do what they need, and now dashboard building just got a lot more painful and difficult.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I agree with Simon P.  The Add to Dashboard feature was very functional and makes it easy to add widgets.

I don't know why it was removed, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they add it back!  Pretty please!

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Hi All,

I'll go back to my notes from a few months ago to see if this was mentioned as "on purpose".  Personally, I didn't use it as you never got what you were looking at due to widget limitations.  I always built from scratch.  Now we're using data studio for almost all GA reporting.  I personally would have like Data Studio to just replace the dashboard section and have it built in but I understand the reasons for having it stand alone.  Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Theo

Connect on LinkedIn

Re: Add to Dashboard & Shortcut buttons missing from basic navigation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A second the comment from Simon P. I don't know what was accomplished through the elimination of that feature. Sure, there is an alternative, but one that is far more cumbersome and inefficient. I encourage the powers-that-be to bring it back.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is not good.  Many of the clients, especially the small to medium sized organizations want simpler metrics.  Also I went to use Data Studio, taking the hint from the google messaging in the add a dashboard menu.  I could not use a data set that was located in the clients analytics.  This was a bad, bad, bad idea.  Bring it back, especially for custom reporting because clients want specific reporting rather then the default reports, especially for reporting on events.  This is not good.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I agree with Simon and everyone else.

So easy to customize reports using the Add to Dashboard button. It does not make sense to remove this feature and make it so difficult to complete a formerly simple task. Hello Google Analytics Team? Please bring this back!

Adrea M

Re: Add to Dashboard & Shortcut buttons missing from basic navigation

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star

Hi Everyone,

Google really does not really monitor here often.  I would be surprised if they brought it back as they are trying to get teams to use data studio.  It really is much more powerful.   That said, feel free to send the UX team a message and tell them how you feel. 

Go to any page in GA and scroll down to the footer and click "send feedback".

ss send feedback.png

Cheers,

Theo

Connect on LinkedIn

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I agree that is a mistake to have this featured removed. I understand Google is pushing Data Studio on us, but if that was the case, then they should just remove the Dashboard feature completely in GA.

So frustrating, but not surprised as this is Google we are talking about.