1.5K members online now
Announcements from the Community Team!
Guide Me
star_border

Re: Introduction Field Available in G+

Top Contributor
# 21
Top Contributor
Sorry Rupert, looks like lack of verified status I would guess. The "partial" screen shot looks like an unverified G+ page.

When did you verify? What's the status of the listing? Do you see the listing in your GMB dashboard?

https://business.google.com/manage

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 22
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Verified by postcard pin a couple of days ago, profile pic uploaded yesterday, current status 'pending review'
I'll check back Monday and see if it's verified by them and the edit buttons appear. Though very odd you can edit other bits, but not those, and that there is no info stating editing isn't possible while pending review

Top Contributor
# 23
Top Contributor
Well, it's a new feature(less) part of GMB. Further evidence that GMB is divesting itself from G+.

Check back in a few days, follow the instructions I listed (Liz listed) and once verified, see if you're able to access and edit the Story section. Update us then, thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 24
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

Hoping someone can help. I manage over 40+ GMB listings for my client. 

They are managed through one account. 

I understand that I must edit the description at aboutme.google.com. 

However when I visit that site even though I click on the accounts icon in the top right corner it only displays 8 accounts. When I click "view all my Google+ Pages it takes me to the GMB main editing page and bounces me out of the aboutme.google.com. 

I have tried logging out of all accounts on Google and logging back in. But it still only displays 8 of my locations and not all. 

Is there a work around for this? 

Thanks, Cara

Introduction Field Available in G+

Top Contributor
# 25
Top Contributor

@Star W et al The easiest way for a user that manages multiple accounts to edit a pages information is to:

1. Make a user email / pass via G+ page settings

2. Login as the G+ page email via the add account login

3. Visit aboutme.google.com and edit as instructed by @ElizabethP

Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 26
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Ben F it is no longer possible to create an email and password to log in to pages with. That method appears to have been axed in the last month or two.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 27
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That is why for a while we can't find the introduction field. This is an awesome update.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 28
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do I report this as wrong information? I am trying to fix this on my Restaurant's page

Top Contributor
# 29
Top Contributor

@Steve G

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 30
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good afternoon, we have an issue with google where if you search for our business it will come up with an old listing that has one bad review on the right of the page, here is the link: https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=cr,ssl#q=borthwicks+estate+agent

We would like the above delated and the actual page to be displayed as this: https://www.google.com.au/search?q=Borthwicks+Estate%20Agents%20Chiswick&ludocid=1801239842727907132... ( as this has our current and relevant reviews).

How can this be arranged?

Thanks in advance.