1.5K members online now
Announcements from the Community Team!
Guide Me
star_border

Re: Introduction Field Available in G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 11
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Liz, the answer you gave me worked exactly as you explained. I don't know why this conversations continues to go on and on.

[ Edited ]
N/A
# 12
N/A

It goes on because some of us have Google+ personal and also multiple Google+ business pages.. If you have both attached to gmail account it will take you to your personal page's Story not your business..even if you select that profile first. You have to go into settings and choose to set a password for the business page's @pages.plusgoogle.com address. You have to then log out and log in with the specific log in for that page.. Then it works. None of the documentation mentioned any of that.. Thanks to Helmut Geissler for alluding to some of that and getting me looking at those settings.. That fixed it for me after numerous unsuccessful attempts on the Gmail.com account that was used to set up the businesses.

Just because you do not have multiple Google+ pages attached to yours thus have not seen the issue, it may well exist for someone else! Every situation is different, so realizing that when people ask makes it a more friendly world for everyone. Thanks again to all.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 13
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello ElizabethP - I was able to do just as instructed above for a business page and the update seems to have worked, however when I go to the Google+ page the old description is still there. The concern is that it includes something we no longer are allowed to display due to a new compliance requirement.

How long should it take for the new description to replace the old one??

Top Contributor
# 14
Top Contributor
@Brittany S - updates are often reviewed before going live, it can take a few days, probably not a week.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 15
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Wow! This is incredibly convoluted and counter-intuitive....

When going to my business page, to try I get this 

You'd expect to edit the 'story' if you clicked that edit button, but no.... 

So, I go to 'about me' as directed above, and get the second image..

and no..... clicking that only goes and takes me back to the GMB info page.... 

So, I'm assuming that either this can't be done as described, or it can't be done as my listing is still pending review, though if that's the case, some noting of that would be useful! I wonder if I'm still pending due to not having added any 'story'..... 

as a user experience, this is pretty lousy.... 

You may be seeing more of me in the forum here as I battle with setting up my listing.... ;) 

hmmmm..... and now I'm getting an invalid html error preventing me from posting which appears to be related to the images I've tried adding.... and maybe I don't have privileges to add photos yet? 
images can be found here... http://imgur.com/a/fZBpB

Top Contributor
# 16
Top Contributor
Hey @Rupert W - the image link doesn't seem to work

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 17
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Edit in expletive of choice here....
Looks like a stray space got added to the link :/
https://imgur.com/a/fZBpB

Top Contributor
# 18
Top Contributor
@Rupert W are you performing these actions from a desktop?

It seems pretty straightforward to me....

Log out of every Google account and then enter
http://aboutme.google.com

In the upper right hand corner, click your profile image and scroll down to the listing you wish to edit.

You should end up on a page where the Story & Tagline are editable by clicking on the Pencil Icon.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 19
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Exactly! This is what Liz told me to do days ago. It worked for me. I followed her directions

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 20
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Well, that's the screenshot I shared, the top one with the business name struck out in red... No pencil icon. Just the blue 'edit business info' button. Which takes me to the GMB info page, where I can edit 'some' items, but not story or tag line.
Could the lack of edit options be due to the pending review of verified status? Or is something else missing here?