1.8K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Embedding a Data Studio report into a webpage

Top Contributor
# 51
Top Contributor

Try adding the filter in your page somewhere?

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 52
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is possible, But I need my report to load with a filtered view when a web page opens rather than making lots of reports.

Google Employee
# 53
Google Employee

You can set filters in the property panel, or in view mode via a control.

Currently you can't set filters via the URL. Could you add it in our feature request list: https://support.google.com/datastudio/answer/7340016?hl=en&ref_topic=6267740

Thanks

Re: Embedding a Data Studio report into a webpage

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 54
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Awesome, I didn't know there was feature request thread. I've been keeping screenshots and notes. 

I wonder where the URL filtering logic comes from? Legacy requirements? I'm very curious because I see this come up a lot in our engagements. 

If you're offering dashboards as a service, I get it. Sounds like you're going to automate a lot of dashboards to keep your solution lean.

I know a few BI products with this filtering system, I'm curious to know the use case. Thanks!

How would url filtering benefit your data environment? Or is the necessity to recreate legacy environment requirements? 

Are you migrating tools? My last few long business intelligence engagements suffered from forcing legacy requirements into modern applications. Maybe just a hammer in my toolbox and I'm eager to know how it applies to new BI products (Google studio)

Update:

I just re-read everything. You want to avoid having many reports. 

And URL filtering would help you avoid making a lot of reports. If the only native feature breaks your reporting layer, generating too much work or too much support/remediation, I'd wonder if this is the best solution for your workload. If this is a project you were assigned to, can you re-discuss the necessity?

What's a lot of reports? 50? Thousands?

I believe anything can be automated given the necessity and time savings.

My thought is it would be really unmanageable from an administrative perspective if it were in the thousands. Outside of administration, seems it's a work VS time road bump?

Sometimes I find requirements are bendable when project leaders understand the time it takes to accomplish it exceeds someone learning how to click a drop down. 

I only say this because I've worked with a lot of 'super smart' peeps who want every drop down and complex feature. Then super non-technical business users, who didn't want to click a drop down.

I love business intelligence project. No matter enterprise or commercial --- It is a balance of Lazy Users VS Lazy Dashboard Developers. Who will win? Do you just not want to make a lot of clicks? Can you swap to a product that will do this for the time being? So many options Smiley Wink

Depending on who's making that request from a project perspective, you have a lot of options using Union or basic SQL to mitigate odd data source structures.

If in the 1000's - I would automate.

Alright, hope this gets your brains juicing, always options! Always solutions available. 

Also, this helps more people coming into this forum trying to dice up 'real paying service engagements' with a product I believe still considered in beta. 0_0...

My first business intelligence engagement I consolidated 1000's of reports into 70 reports and migrated all of them. I've had 100+ BI engagements since then, and 1000+ reports sound small.

I've helped companies with 400k users making reports and all the way to 1 person making Google Data Studio Dashboards because it's cheaper than other products and they monetized a few cool survey data points that they sell to businesses. Seems fun - I just try avoid anything that requires me to work on it again. Good luck to you!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 55
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

ultra nice! very happy with it.

I was trying to embed a report but it gives me "This Data Studio report is private" the site is created inside the same domain as the report and the data (raw data in a spreadsheet) and configurated to be view and find by anyone in the organization...

do I have to follow any other step?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 56
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, Just adding a +1 for this feature. Would really like to use this in our developments but need it to be embeddable.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 57
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This would be a very useful feature.

For example if I have a dashboard with many dimensions and metrics and would like to simply share one insight with a client, at the moment I have to either take a screenshot or tell them what needs to be clicked on to see what I can see.

Google Employee
# 58
Google Employee

Can you please vote on, or open, a new feature request for this so we can track it. Thanks

https://support.google.com/datastudio/answer/7340016?hl=en

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 59
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Alex M. I think there's a lot of fake accounts in here - sorry.

Anyways, the feature IS available.

Exposed link: https://dev3lop.com/how-to-embed-google-data-studio-iframe/

Share this one: Learn how to embed google data studio in an iframe here.

Best, Tyler G.

Top Contributor
# 60
Top Contributor

Fake accounts?

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan