1.4K members online now
Ask questions about Data Studio
Guide Me
star_border

Embedding a Data Studio report into a webpage

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 21
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

oh damn Smiley Sad I was really hoping we can start helping you guys get the word out by simply "showing off" with real data. I do think you should make it a priority, regardless, thank you for an excellent product, must agree with "made my life a whole lot easier" and will add "a bit more exciting" Smiley Happy keep up the good work!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 22
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey! Data Studio is awesome! 

This feature would also be great for my clients.

Hope to have it in a near future!

Thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 23
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys, any update on embedding a report into a webpage?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 24
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Great idea it could be awesome ! +1

Top Contributor
# 25
Top Contributor

It's coming.

VP & Chief Evangelist at Hub'Scan | Contact me
Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 26
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Julien Coquet - your answers are a little dated again! Check out my blog - it explains what's going on and the updates - I believe as a Top Contributor you should know of all the updates! Otherwise - you're sending users away with 5month old topics. This will be bad content to have out there (this is one of the top ranking google pages) considering they released it, and with a working demo a few weeks ago.

I strongly recommend you update your 'answered' being right - because it's also 2 months behind, and sending thousands of users the wrong direction.

It's not coming - it's here. Should be coming out soon.

It has been in beta for some time now. Google released a working version of it a few weeks ago too Smiley Wink!!!! YAY! 

Also, Woot Woot. Let's make sure we are researching! Due diligence wins the race.

Thanks,
Tyler Garrett
Founder of Dev3lop

Re: Embedding a Data Studio report into a webpage

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 27
Top Contributor

What do you mean by "a little dated again"? 

This feature is not available for everyone yet. Your own blog even states "We can’t cleanly embed Google data studio yet."

While I can appreciate the need for self promotion, right now your blog post brings nothing of value to the conversation beyond pasting a screenshot into a webpage - which is not a durable method - and stuffing the same keywords in a page over and over.

When it becomes available, you will be able to add an IFRAME element to your web pages, with a URL that looks like: 

<iframe 
   src="https://datastudio.google.com/embed/REPORTURL">

where REPORTURL is your report ID which you will find when looking at your report in view mode and examine the URL.
For example, one of my reports has the following URL: 

https://datastudio.google.com/org/fSnixkB6R6aDZE17recBDg/reporting/0By_yKR1xrefETDQ4cUJfRXJxSDg/page/puUF

Grab everything in bold and replace REPORTURL in the above template.

However, the iframe embed feature is primarily linked to permissions right now, as seen here.

So like I said, it's coming soon. In the meantime, anything else is just tinkering or self-promotion.

Level 80 Digital Analytics Warrior, KPI Therapist and Keeper of the One True Tagging Plan

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 28
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Self-promotion like you being the only person posting a signature to increase your ranking. Sure sure. I'll wait.

Re: Embedding a Data Studio report into a webpage

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 29
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

@Dev3lop S Do you have any idea how much time and effort goes into being a top contributor. Seriously, you sit their moaning when you bring nothing of value  to this community (more value if you had just posted your update without putting down other people). If you knew anything about this community you would know that @Julien Coquet earned his signature by being a top contributor. You do not have one and are not allowed one because you are not as valuable as Julian, you are only a visitor so you do not qualify for a fancy signature. In order for Julien to be as high as he is, he would have to answer 1000s of questions so it is next to impossible for him to update every question in his profile. Please go get a life and stop being a troll. Or simply do your homework and apologies to Julien.

@Julien Coquet we appreciate your hard work, new visitors don't realise how much you have put into this community. Thank you

Top Contributor
# 30
Top Contributor

@Dev3lop S wow.

@Bryan Casson thanks for your support.

Guys, I'll make sure to update this thread and let you know when the embed feature is complete and generally available. The Google team tells me this is coming *really* soon.