5K members online now
Stay up-to-date on the latest AdWords features and changes
Guide Me
star_border

Re: Updates to the Keyword Planner Tool

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 21
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cassie..thank you very much,really I like your ost.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 22
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

oh come on. All this is a cheap way of making people spend more on getting the data. It is no more than a ploy to get google more advertising money. Don't dress it up any other way. It isn't better for users, it's better for google because it will generate more income for them

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 23
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
In the history of Adwords changes, this will be known as the "Low Ad Spend Discrimination"
#ThanksAdwords #equalrights #Anti-Monopoly

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 24
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
what do you mean by lower monthly spending?
How much budget is considered as low budget?

Community Manager
# 25
Community Manager

Thank you all very much for your feedback. I will be sharing your comments and concerns with the product team. I can't share any specific spend requirements at this time, but most advertisers running paid campaigns will not be affected by this change.

@Paul R If an account is under an active MCC, then you will most likely see the full data view. However, MCCs can still trigger the limited data view by reaching a limit on the number of searches for search volume data.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 26
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Cassie,

Thanks for your reply.
I have some questions. Is this range search volume something that all Google Adwords users will see eventually? Or it is just an experiment with some users?

If it is something eventually released out to all users, what is the expected end date?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 27
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
@CassieH if I start a campaign how am I going to know if that is the best phrase if i can't get the right numbers? There is a huge difference between 1000 and 10,000??

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 28
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Exactly... they are insane... very bad move from Google.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 29
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Cassie,

Can you share with community the reasons why Google Adwords decided to provide aggregated Search volume(I'm not sure if this is right term or not) for similar keywords? I believe that Google Adwords product team performed intensive research and had a lot of meeting with customers before making a final decision to use aggregated Search volume. If Adwords team can share the reason behind of the change, community could take it with understanding rather than being upset about it.

And, Can you also share why Google Adwords wants to show range search volume for people who don't have low monthly budget?
I've used Google Keyword Tool and Google Keyword Planner for six years, but these recent changes are something I really don't understand.

It sound very like complain, but I'd say that It is more like questions. Smiley Happy

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 30
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I am a PHD student who planned on using the Keyword Planner for research. Am I going to lose this capability?

Also, I teach new business owners how to use it to do market research with this tool to figure out what customers want and how to build good, quality content (what Google wants) from that market research.