Partners
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

"More people should be Googling my keywords" - Client

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What do you say to a client that doesn't believe search volume stats?

Qualifier - must be a NICE thing to say.

Oh yes, 1 more thing. The account manager told this person we would "Contact Google and ask".

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Gotta love account managers promises...

Re: "More people should be Googling my keywords" - Client

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

The data is only as good as what you provide and how YOU set up your campaigns and targeting.

Keyword Planner traditionally gives Broad Match volumes which are usually skewed high because of how Broad Match works.  You should always give keyword data in an [Exact Match] scenario.  Also depending upon your Target area will greatly influence those volumes.

You really should focus on terms that provide an ROI,  rather then just volumes of searches.  Make sure you have an extensive Negative keyword list to wipe out all the "Bogus" clicks, and work on your targeting area's without forgetting to exclude targeting area's.

At the end of the day what you tell your clients,is " Were are testing various keyword terms, ad copy and targeting methods to provide you the Best Return on your Investment"...  Hopefully you know how to do that by working QS, Negative keywords, Bid adjustments, campaign structure, ad scheduling, and all the other nuisances of what it takes to be an Adwords Professional Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, this isn't my first rodeo. The problem is the product is extremely niche market for B2B medical radiology. The issues it solves was hot last year, and not so much this year. Additionally there is more competition. Last year running a very basic campaign got very good results at a low cost, and that's just not possible any more. And the client doesn't want to hear it.