AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Why Every Marketer Should Create Content?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Screen Shot 2016-08-04 at 9.38.44 AM.png

Happy Thursday Y'all.  I posted a learn article about my recent success producing marketing content.  Over the last 90 days, I produced 2-3 articles and 1 Video daily.  During this period the number of users tripled on my website... and my linkedin went from 1,200 to 22,000 connections.  I tested on my personal website (Guttulus.com) and it is generating 10 leads a week! Now I'm excited to test it on my agency and software firm websites.

Lack of sales nearly killed my agency a few months ago.  High sales salary, low results...  At one point we had a sales team of 4 paid over 200K+ base salary and it didn't work.  My CTO and I sat at a table for a long time and came up with this last ditch effort. 

I'd highly recommend giving content creation a shot if you haven't already.  Smiley Happy  Other suggestions how to find clients always appreciated!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why Every Marketer Should Create Content?

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Outstanding @Tony_Guo agree 100%, creating a regular steady stream of content is an effective way to build an audience and create authority across the social networks.

When you present good quality content people will soon learn who you are and what you do and when they need help with a project or they know someone in their network that needs your services, they will remember you.

How do I know this? Because this is exactly how I built my business.

Oh BTW did I mention this is pretty much free, except the time to share the content and there are oodles of places to find great content to share like:

Google Alerts

Google News

Quuuu.

Crate

Drum Up

Flipboard

2 of these will share content for you automatically, Quu will share two articles from subjects you select, Drum Up I believe they will share 3, so there's five right there.

Another great tool to help manage your content sharing is BufferApp, I've been using it for years and is well worth the $10 a month.

What can buffer do?:

1) Schedule Content Sharing Time
2) Use RSS Feeds to bring in content you like
3) Can use up to 12 of your social accounts including Pinterest, Instagram (brand new, just released 2 weeks ago) and many more features.

If you let me know and you can try it free for 30 days.

Want more leads? I know how to find leads on social media by using keywords and negative keywords, interested?

Here is a quick demo

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Tony_Guo, thanks for sharing your Learn Article. It is really helpful and something any business owner should dig into. You are certainly putting your best foot, I mean voice, forward. Those are great metrics to have earned and I hope they serve you the greatness you deserve.

Personally, I do this on a smaller scale as I am not seeking work... but do wish to remain someone present for the day long down the road when I do. I feel it is always best to keep the ball in motion versus letting it stop and then getting it moving again. Even if it is moving micrometers forward... a good push will excel things rather fast.

I will put your info to use in the future... and apply some of what @Molly Y shared, too. 

Thanks and have a super great weekend!

James 

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
I agree with all those points. The main key is consistency and building your voice up. Interesting video. Worth a shot for sure!

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Yeah. I didn't expect to get speaking engagements from my content. They are a lot of fun. And it's nice to have a reason to go out and meet other like minded people in the field. The key is to keep moving, no matter how slowly. Every step forward is progress. Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Tony_Guo,

It is really neat to gain enough attention to book a speaking engagement, which you have surely earned. 

Fun side note: I hear (and see you) speak all the time as Gina is training to become fully certified in AdWords and I have her watching all of your videos and using your site to train with. I will come into the office and there you are! She has been my administrative assistant for 26 years but is more of a novice as far as AdWords. We will have to call you one day and get you two talking. Robot Happy 

Keep moving that ball forward... thanks again for sharing.

Kind Regards,

James 

Top Contributor Alumni
# 7
Top Contributor Alumni
People get so wrapped up in strategy they forget the basics and suffer as a result.