AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Which ad is the most effective?

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

In this post, I'll ask you to show off your smarts by conducting an AdWords analysis. Take a look at the three ad samples below and, in the comments, vote for the most effective ad. Be sure to back up your choice with an explanation.

Bonus: Explain why you didn't choose the other two ads. (Note: This is an agency that rents out offices in New York.)

As always, I'll follow up in the comments tomorrow and reveal my personal choice for the best ad. Looking forward to combing through everyone's responses!

Ad Comparison - Scotty's Offices.png

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
5 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Which ad is the most effective?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I'm going to lean toward B for this one. I also like C a bit. C mentions the city of New York which is a plus.

For A "office rentals" could be the *things* you rent for your office?

As always... A/B test and learn. ;-)

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
I agree with Shanee that B is probably the best. C might be the winner if a better display URL is used but "Browse Now" sounds like a time suck. B has a nice call to action that would work well on mobile.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I'll bite. Smiley Happy I think I'm in line with @Shanee_Kirk & @Mike F

For a more local specific ad group - KW that may be specific to NY etc...I would try ad C with the Display URL from A.

For more general KW - I prefer the headline of B or something like "Rent an Office Today" with a mix of some of the descriptions.  I definitely like the use of "best fit" and "Find Your Future Office Today!."

I have to admit, part of me feels a little weird about suggesting there are 100's of offices to rent. My first question is why? Is there something wrong? While it does imply variety, if you really have 100's available, things may not be going to well.  Or, I have no clue what real estate is like in NYC.  That's certainly a possibility too.

Thanks @ScottyD!

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@PPCBossman wrote:

I have to admit, part of me feels a little weird about suggesting there are 100's of offices to rent. My first question is why? Is there something wrong? While it does imply variety, if you really have 100's available, things may not be going to well.  Or, I have no clue what real estate is like in NYC.  That's certainly a possibility too.

I was wondering whether anyone would pick up on this, nice work @PPCBossman! Smiley Very Happy

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
I would go with c as well, I like the Display URL seeing that I can see what is available without needing to commit. As per A what office "things" not affective. And B, well Tommy took care of that, nice job!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

My favorite post again! Thanks, @ScottyD for coming up with those!

Option A - Yay!
Pluses:
- "/New York" - geo-locality stands out well in this format,
- "Wide range" (implied diversity of choices),
- "Office to rent" - a potential keyword,
- the best part is the CTA - "Find your future offices Today!"

- "Office rentals" - I assume this is a good traffic search keyword as well, but it can misfire indeed per @Shanee_Kirk's comment
Minuses:
- none really.

Option B - Nay
Minuses:
-"/Contact-us" - too generic, every website in the world has "contact-us"
-"100s of practical offices" - too vague, and I do not need 100s, I need one, the right one..
- Call to find the best Fit - weak CTA. I need first to see some convincing content that calling this agency makes sense.
Pluses:
- "Offices for Rent" - probably a keyword with high search traffic

Option C - Nay
Pluses
- /Browse-Now - assuming there'll be a gallery of pictures and mapped locations once I click
Minuses:
- "Practical and Modern" - too generic. This is not selling to me, I'd like to see Small or Big instead or "200 - 2000 sq.ft."
- "Establish your business in New York" is a weak CTA IMO.

Of course, this is just IMO.

Julia Muller,
AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Ha! Didn't pick up on that at first, but yes! Unless it's a brand new building... There shouldn't be 100's of options. "Space Filling Fast" "Premium Office Space" might be good as well.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Crowd-sourced ad copy - you might be in to something here Scott!

Great perspectives all around!

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’