Partners
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

What happened to Google Customer service?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I am not the complaining type, but being so many years in Adwords and enjoying the awesome customer service Google was famous for, it surprised me that now when i call in for help they put me through an entire screening process where i have to enter my account number than get a rep asking it again, and asking i called for Google Adwords... i asked him if he has any other company i may have called... than he asks if this is for an existing account... c'mon folks, you know better.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What happened to Google Customer service?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Sounds like you're having a bit of a rough day J.

I see this as pretty typical - the first automated bit is to potentially sort out folks who have/don't have accounts.
Then - there is a security check - verify email login etc...
Then - depending on if you entered your manager account ID or a client ID, they may need that.
Finally, the same call in number is used for a few different Google services, maybe you potentially needed Analytics support or something...

The real question is, how was the support once you got through the verification part of the call?

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: What happened to Google Customer service?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It's horrible now.