AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

What do clients expect in a digital agency

Top Contributor Alumni
# 1
Top Contributor Alumni

What do clients expect you, as a digital agency, to offer? Do you find that most just expect you to be an ad agency or do they expect things like web design and SEO work as well? Do you actually do other things besides advertising or do you limit yourself to that one area?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What do clients expect in a digital agency

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

This should be a fun topic, @MikeJohnston.

I think my digital agency is a uniquely complicated company compared to most since we are focused on technology and advertising.

I started out as a fine furniture designer, then a product designer & builder, then brand building & logo creation, then Windows based software development, then whitehat hacking & cyber security, then servers & OEM computer builds, then website design & development, then SEO, then PHP development, then traditional advertising, then digital marketing (besides Adwords), and finally Adwords & Google products.

My agency, and me personally, are heavily involved in all of these areas, both for clients and personal interests. Yes, I am the first to admit that this is overly complex for a business model and not ideally-suited for most. If my skills & interests were not vast, focusing on more than one or two areas would be tough. These skills were layered in one at a time over many, many years (1978 started a love for technology and my company was started in 1992).  

We are also tapped as a technology consultancy for larger projects when we are not readily available to actually tackle them ourselves. And we do auditing for businesses, such as compliance adherence, where we do not perform the actual work but direct the plan to take.

On a side note, I am also very involved in the automotive world where I have a state licensed modification facility (started five years ago) focused on technology & electronics for automobiles. This is completely a sideline or hobby but it allows me to further my enjoyment of cars and the applied science of technology to the automobile sector, which I see as exciting and with many challenges that will need perfected.   

In summary, we offer a full suite of services to our clients that all are directly connected to the technology & advertising sectors.

Have a great weekend,

James

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
The way I try to sell our agency is that we create User Experiences that create positive emotional value, and improve conversions inline with our client's goals. From a service offering perspective, this goes beyond PPC campaign setup and management, into landing page optimization, a consistent experience from ad impression to conversion, content delivery performance work, and "deeper" analytics along critical conversion paths.

Then again, most folks want to either a) not manage their own AdWords account, or b) do infrastructure or business logic optimizations to improve performance and security.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Our clients treat us as sales people. There are numbers we have to hit. Our dealerships set our car sales quotas. If we hit that number we are all good. If we don't... then we get to participate in long drawn out meetings discussing why we didn't hit our numbers. Smiley Happy