Partners
2K members online now
2K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

What Do You Think About This Article By Frederick Valleys?

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

Today Search Engine Land published an Article written by Frederick Valleys suggesting with all the new features for AdWords it might be a good idea to re evaluate your AdWords account structure.

What would your advice be based on this article written by +Frederick Vallaeys​​?

Refernce: Search Engine Land

Refernce: Search Engine Land

http://searchengineland.com/time-reevaluate-adwords-account-structure-257722

Re: What Do You Think About This Article By Frederick Valleys?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello @Molly_Y,

Knowing the man personally and having worked with him, I would suggest what he is trying to get at is the ample opportunity presented with entirely new formatting and options in AdWords being the time to rethink setup of the account structure. This is especially true with the new device bid structure being able to target devices as base bids changes how campaigns can target all devices, some devices or even campaigns targeting individual devices to separate bid targeting.

Also, the extended text ads rollout is, I believe, a bigger opportunity than simply changing standard ads to the new format. The whole look and feel along with the greater character lengths means the ability to write a range of new ad copy previously not possible due to limitations as well as considering when and where to provide the content now that there are two headlines instead of one.

Its a new ballgame and I believe Frederick is saying, especially in light of the new AdWords look and feel later to come this year, that we need to rethink simply incorporating new features into our current strategy and reconsider how we are running the accounts altogether, as if we were starting with these features already in place.

Let me know if that helps!

Nick