It's with great pleasure that I'd like to introduce you to @Toure Owen! Toure is joining the Google Partners team from University of California, Berkeley to lead education, community and Partner communications. Please join me in welcoming Toure!
- Sacramento, CA
Tell us a bit about your path to becoming a Googler:
- I studied political science at Berkeley because I planned to pursue a career in government or the nonprofit sector. However, I was disappointed by the inefficiency and lack of innovation that is often found in the public sector. With that in mind I wanted to work at a place that I knew was fast-paced, offered the opportunity to learn, and had a culture that I could flourish in. Google naturally stood out as the number one choice.
Which skills do you consider indispensable to your work?
- I think the three most important skills to have in any situation are analysis, communication, and teamwork. If you can analyze and understand problems, communicate effectively, and work well with others to implement solutions then you can be successful in any environment.
What most excites you about working with the Google Partners Community?
- In a word, diversity. Their are so many different people, businesses, and ideas within the Partner’s Community that I know it will be an amazing opportunity to learn.
If you could use just one Google product other than AdWords for the rest of your life, which would you pick?
- Maps! It is the one Google product that I use everyday. I don't know how people or businesses functioned before it. If I have a map I can always find another business to help me solve my problems.
When you’re not at Google, or in front of a computing device, what are you most likely to be doing?
- When not working I love watching and playing sports, exploring nature, and working with underrepresented students on education and professional development.