Partners
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Watch Out For This Company- False Google Partner Status & Misrepresentation

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to make you all aware of a company that is misrepresenting themselves as Google Partners. They are also using a false address that leads to a Postal Annex. I notified Google about them, however I'm not 100% sure the process and how it works. I called the regular CS number, then they told me to fill out a form here as well: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/176378?hl=en which doesn't really seem to have a good column to report this.

This company reached out to one of our clients who is very trusting by filling out a contact form on their website. Luckily, she trusts us more and forwarded it to us so we could look into it. It's very upsetting since there will be people who fall for this since they aren't aware how to search for Partners, and many people don't really know what it means. I researched and could not find them in Partners, and neither could Google when I called. I hope they are shut down soon. See below.

VBB.JPG Since they are completely lying, I'm not blacking out any contact information so everyone can be cognizant of them in case they come across them. They are spammers, and everything they are claiming is false. They are not INC 500, they are not Google Partners, and they don't even show a proper address. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Watch Out For This Company- False Google Partner Status & Misrepresentation

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @rachelle h,

Thanks for the heads up. It is unfortunate that people fall for scammers and listen to strangers selling snake oil after so much education about online fraud.

Companies that even mention Google should be vetted & verified.

A business seeking to hire them should do a search for them on Google Partners, do a Google search on their business name, their precise web address, and digging around a bit. They could also add the words scam to those Google searches and see if they are being called such in business forums, etc.

And by all means... if someone says they are a Google Partner, their website should absolutely 100% have a Google Partners logo that is "clickable" and lands on a Google Partners property that has their full business name, certifications, contact info, and a link at the bottom of the profile to report an issue directly to Google.

Further, if any person or business mentions being in magazines, having awards, obtaining certain credentials, etc... they should all be verified.  

A company or person that stretches the truth to gain you as a client makes you a pawn in a scheme you don't need. 

Kind Regards,

James

Re: Watch Out For This Company- False Google Partner Status & Misrepresentation

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
They seem to have a couple sites or business names attached to that address http://smartertactics.com/