Partners
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

‘Tis the season, so make sure you have the AdWords app

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

What an exciting time of the year. Supershoppers are out in full force, and your AdWords campaigns are ready for them. Last year, on mobile alone, conversion rates jumped 30% on Black Friday and 50% on Cyber Monday when compared to November 1.1

With so much at stake, the AdWords app is the perfect way to stay in touch with your campaigns while still enjoying time away from the office.

Tips for this holiday season

Here are some ways to stay in step with your campaign performance and make last-minute changes throughout the holiday season:

1. Monitor your budget and bids daily to make sure you’re not missing out on key shopping dates
  2. Make changes to your holiday campaigns, such as pausing or enabling a time-sensitive promotional campaign
  3. Receive critical alerts and notifications, so you can be the first to know if your budget has run out or your ads have been disapproved
  4. Take advantage of opportunities by increasing budgets or bids to drive more profitable conversions in your top-performing campaigns
  5. Review daily performance metrics to understand how your campaigns are performing and if you need to make any last-minute adjustments

Get the app The AdWords app is available for download on Android and iOS.

Posted by Sugeeti Kochar, Product Management, AdWords

3 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Great post @James_Clemens!

Just to add the fact that the conversions are much more plentiful on BF and CM yet shoppers have started their buying process up to 3 months in advance. 

Hopefully everyone has began their campaigns in time.

I would love to hear from everyone about different time frame strategies to have a maximum impact in the good ol holiday season.

What are some of your other initiatives?

Raise CPC?

Broaden geo targeting?

Build custom landing pages? Hohoho

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Got it, great post and friendly reminder Smiley Happy Get the App!

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

A dose of broaden with a side of Landing page....

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Thanks, Trevor. 

Three months is a really smart target for planning for the holiday season (and any other major sales campaign). We started bringing our clients around to ideas in September, which aligns with your intelligent advice. 

Krisha jumped out a little while back with a great easy-to-use pdf checklist that can still be utilized now. And little before that, our friend, Mike Blackmore, created a more in-depth article, which is something well worth the read. 

A fun fact that many may not know is that Free Shipping Day (Sunday, December 18th, 2016) is one of the busiest times for sales and almost crushes delivery systems. With a little planning now, your clients can excel during this time. Promote this special time, include a small, free gift or incentive and reap the rewards. 

For our big ticket clients, like furniture stores, car, boat and motorcycle dealerships, and stuff like that, we promote special sale incentives on those major purchases but we also have fun with pushing accessories to those items, gift certificates to be used throughout 2017. We can generate a lot of sales calls for those clients while boosting brand recognition that carries forward into the new year. 

Well, with a few suggestions checked off the nice list... we should discuss one for the naughty list. And that would be adding falling snow to your client's website. Just say no... don't let them do it... business pages are not social collections of cute cats playing in yarn... or the barn. Falling snow belongs on Grandma's blog or left in back in 1990. Keep things professional and customers will receive it well. When we want to show a more playful side, we use social media for it... but we still keep it sharp. So, if your clients want to get festive, suggest they let you have some fun socially but keep the website crisp and clean. 

Trevor, if we listen closely, we can hear Spencer singing... A dose of broaden with a side of Landing page.... ho ho ho.

Thanks, Spencer, for the smiles, kind words, and helpful suggestions, too. Smiley Happy Broaden out the keywords and create a new landing page are excellent tips. 

What about anyone else? What do you do to tune up client work for the holidays? And do you use the AdWords App?

Kind Regards,

James