AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

The value of earning specializations

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

The new Google Partner badge with Specializations helps clients find you!

PartnerBadge_placcards-V2_.gif

By earning specializations, you can demonstrate particular areas of expertise so advertisers can easily identify if you are skilled in the AdWords product area they need help with.

Learn more about how to earn specializations here: https://goo.gl/hEsx3s

Have you earned any specializations yet? Click reply and let us know!

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: The value of earning specializations

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Krisha,

Since you asked, yes, we have - but I suspect we should probably have more. Based on previous Partner experiences I would expect that performance would be measured for specializations that we have yet to earn but we're not seeing that - spend is maxed out and performance is blank for the remaining 3 specializations. Are we still waiting for the kinks to resolve? Is it an all or nothing type of setup - you either qualify or don't and have no indication of progress/current performance?

Thanks!

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
My understanding is there are still things that need to "shake out"

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
@PPCBossman do you know if your agency has someone certified in the product areas that you are seeing blank? I'm checking on it now but that may be why you're not seeing anything.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Alex R

Thanks for checking on this.

Yes, we have at least 2 certifications in each category.  I made sure of this recently. Also, I'm not suggesting that we absolutely should have all specializations but that some level of performance would show. 

@Colin Donohue - I was also under the same impression and had planned to wait it out but the topic was raised so I figured I'd ask again. 

Thanks!

-Tommy

partnerstatus.png

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner
Yeah, I have my own questions on things, but am hoping they settle out. Hoping my badge turns red soon :-)