Partners
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

The Plot Thickens... Phone Cost?

Rising Star
# 1
Rising Star

Saw an interesting column which appeared in my AW interface.  Interested any background folks might have...

phone cost.JPG

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: The Plot Thickens... Phone Cost?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Here is the detail. I'm curious when the change will happen...

phoco.JPG

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

HI @Colin Donohue is this new?  I'm pretty sure I've been seeing this column for some time, perhaps quite a long time.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I think I'm with Jon here, I feel like this may be a legacy column. If I recall correctly, back in the early days of Call Extensions/Forwarding, I feel like there was a $1.00 charge in there at some point. I'm going to take a peek, I have some old accounts I can look into.

-Tommy

Edit:  My hunch was correct - found some data.  There was a $1.00 charge in there for some reason...This was from 2010ish...

calls.jpg

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
OK. I've just never seen it as a default column in a view.

Modify columns has various stuff I don't use but was surprised to see it
there in a view.

Maybe I somehow clicked on column setup but it looked like default.

Good deal.

Now get yer dollar back ;-)

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I hear you @Colin Donohue - with all the options available now, it's very hard to keep the column view options sorted.  If one were to enable all of them, I feel like you might be scrolling right for days to reach the end.  

I don't know if we ever got those dollars back - actually, now that I think of it, we may not have been charged click fees for those calls, maybe it's more of a "Bring the dollar back"  

I did find this old post that talks about the charge http://adwords.blogspot.com/2011/07/now-all-us-and-canada-advertisers-can.html

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
OK. I wasn't as much in this realm in 2011 :-)

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
I have never seen this column "Phone Cost" populated, and I have looked.

Julia Muller,
AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.