AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

The Plot Thickens... Phone Cost?

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

Saw an interesting column which appeared in my AW interface.  Interested any background folks might have...

phone cost.JPG

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: The Plot Thickens... Phone Cost?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Here is the detail. I'm curious when the change will happen...

phoco.JPG

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

HI @Colin Donohue is this new?  I'm pretty sure I've been seeing this column for some time, perhaps quite a long time.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I think I'm with Jon here, I feel like this may be a legacy column. If I recall correctly, back in the early days of Call Extensions/Forwarding, I feel like there was a $1.00 charge in there at some point. I'm going to take a peek, I have some old accounts I can look into.

-Tommy

Edit:  My hunch was correct - found some data.  There was a $1.00 charge in there for some reason...This was from 2010ish...

calls.jpg

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner
OK. I've just never seen it as a default column in a view.

Modify columns has various stuff I don't use but was surprised to see it
there in a view.

Maybe I somehow clicked on column setup but it looked like default.

Good deal.

Now get yer dollar back ;-)

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I hear you @Colin Donohue - with all the options available now, it's very hard to keep the column view options sorted.  If one were to enable all of them, I feel like you might be scrolling right for days to reach the end.  

I don't know if we ever got those dollars back - actually, now that I think of it, we may not have been charged click fees for those calls, maybe it's more of a "Bring the dollar back"  

I did find this old post that talks about the charge http://adwords.blogspot.com/2011/07/now-all-us-and-canada-advertisers-can.html

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner
OK. I wasn't as much in this realm in 2011 :-)

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
I have never seen this column "Phone Cost" populated, and I have looked.

Julia Muller,
AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.’ Learn how here.