Partners
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Temporary Holiday Hours On Google Search

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Good Evening Google Partners,

There is still time to get with your clients and help them set temporary holiday hours, which will let shoppers see the correct hours. Just ask a shopper how they feel when they look online for store hours and then drive across town to find the business closed... it's a real bummer. 

Below is the email I send out. Feel free to copy & paste it (and edit it) for your use. 

Greetings,

With the holidays upon us, I wanted to send you some happy wishes and check up on your special holiday hours. If you can provide them to me, I can update them directly in Google Search so that your customers are informed of your hours. Please note that they will automatically revert back to your normal hours, so this is a quick action item that will require no further action from either of us.

There is no charge for this assistance, so please do let me know. 

(open and close times needed)

Christmas Eve - December 24th: 

Christmas - December 25th:

New Years Eve - December 31:

New Years Day - January 1:

If I can be of help with anything else, I am happy to assist. Thanks for a great 2016 and I look forward to serving your needs in 2017!

Kind Regards,

James

By doing this, you are helping your clients, helping shoppers, and helping Google provide correct info to the masses. And you are connecting with your customers during a hectic time of the year to offer help and show them that you care.

Once you get the hours, use this handy information assembled by Tim Capper (@Tim Capper), a trusted Google My Business Top Contributor.  

All the Best,

James

1 Expert replyverified_user