AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Supershopper

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

I think I'm this super shopper!  But, I'm failing this year as a mom -- I can't find the coveted "Hatchimal" -- Price gouging has already ensued on eBay and Amazon -- hiking up the prices to over $200 for this little Furby-like toy.

How are you getting ready to serve the supershopper this season?

Think with Google - Supershopper

#thinkwithgoogle #mobiletrends #yearofthesupershopper

2 Expert replyverified_user

Supershopper

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Great question Shanee. It can be a madhouse out there! Good luck with the hatchimal. Smiley Happy

Supershopper

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

A certain gigantic retailer says they have some in stock. Of course, prices start at about $160 and go up from there.

Desktop - Non signed in browser - Shopping ad.

What kind of results do you get from a Google search from different devices, browsers, and personalized settings? If all the "supershoppers" are signed in to their mobile devices and getting the same results, does that mean retailers are using that data to price gouge?

Tom

Supershopper

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I do see different results when I search incognito... But, Amazon is still at $200-300. Craziness!!  I guess we should have been quicker on the draw.

I also kind of wonder why some major stores have them "in store" but won't ship.  Is that a supershopper ploy to get you in the store and buy more??