AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

So Data Studio is Amazing....

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Happy Thursday Y'all.  I was going over my analytics and I saw a link for Data Studio.  Apparently it's in Beta but it's easy to get early access.  It's a mix of Swydo and Raven Tools but with user friendly design.  I love it.  I plan to spend tonight messing around in it.  

From Google: Google Data Studio (beta) provides everything you need to turn your data into beautiful, informative reports that are easy to read, easy to share, and fully customizable. Data Studio lets you create up to 5 custom reports with unlimited editing and sharing. All for free. 

You can apply for access here: https://www.google.com/analytics/data-studio/

I'd suggest doing so.  The video lessons are great as well.  

3 Expert replyverified_user

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Thanks for posting your review Tony. Great share.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I don't think I get it... I currently use Swydo, and I love the ease of inserting "widgets" or premade reporting segments into the report.  I don't see how to do that here?

It also looks like it doesn't pull in data from other channels yet?  i.e. Bing, Facebook?

One other benefit to Swydo/Raven is the task management system that's built into the app.  I don't see that here either.

Let me know what you've learned from playing around with it.  I couldn't figure it out!!

Re: So Data Studio is Amazing....

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Tony_Guo,

So glad you found Data Studio. I have been using it since it was released and enjoy using it. The thing to keep in mind is that since it a beta product, there are limitations like only having 5 reports, not pulling data from all sources (like Shanee discovered) and others, too.

However, more features should be rolling out in the future and they do allow expanded use of Data Studio by pulling data sources from Googles BigQuery product, which is a powerful analytics tool set, which is used in Google Analytics Premium.  

We also have two sections in our Google Analytics community here that covers Data Studio. 

Data Studio is also ready for third-party support, since the user base is fairly large, users love it for the most part, and you really cannot find third-parties offering custom reports or additional add-ons or support.

Please do let us know what you discover and remember that in menu of your Data Studio dashboard in a really important feature for any beta... Feedback! Please submit as many ideas as possible so the development team will consider them.

Kind Regards, 

James