Partners
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Security Questions Anyone?

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

It's time to revisit your online security measures and I thought this Google AdWords expert article from 2015 was still very relevant and worth checking out. 

As part of our ongoing security efforts, we conducted some research, looking at millions of secret questions and answers that have been used for account recovery claims and worked out the likelihood of hackers guessing the answers. Unsurprisingly, the easy-to-remember answers are less secure.

• With a single guess, an attacker would have a 19.7% chance of guessing English-speaking users’ answers to the question "What is your favorite food?" (it’s ‘pizza’ by the way)
  • With 10 guesses, an attacker would have a nearly 24% chance of guessing Arabic-speaking users’ answer to the question "What’s your first teacher’s name?"
  • With ten guesses, an attacker would have a 21% chance of guessing Spanish-speaking users’ answers to the question, "What is your father’s middle name?"
  • With ten guesses, an attacker would have a 39% chance of guessing Korean-speaking users’ answers to the question "What is your city of birth?"

You can read the whole article by clicking this link. It really is worth the few minutes to consume it. 

Kind Regards,

James

1 Expert replyverified_user