Partners
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Robo Calls FYI

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I started getting these again.  Here is a number that came up.  (732) 352-1520  According to a few websites, this number has been bugging people for several days now.  They are actually calling my Google Voice number now.  Such a pain.  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Robo Calls FYI

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Often times, these companies will buy lists of numbers that are in exchanges such as that of GrandCentral (Google Voice's predecessor), and target them more for spam, as it is a free service and not locked to a contract.

Be sure to use Google Voice's great spam/block this number feature. Plays the expected tone for a terminated number, which most Robocallers will register and therefore, cease calling your number.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Here's what I used to do when I worked behind a public phone number. Humor them for 30 seconds just long enough to get them to perk up. Let them know you've been having phone troubles and would like their name and number so you can call them back in case you lose them.

Once they gladly volunteer their information, you can then lay into them about any one or a variety of reasons they bug you. Then tell them you'll be reporting them to the Attorney General and filing a complaint with the federal do not call registry and "If you know what's good for you, you'll take me off your list."

I had some fun interactions with that one before, 100% of the time though, they volunteered their name and phone number...

Smiley Happy

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
It is interesting as they got some negative buzz they refrained from calling for a short while, obviously they are back in action.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
An article came out last fall about companies that Robo call - There is a link within the article to report those companies to Google.

http://searchengineland.com/google-files-suit-against-seo-firm-accused-of-robocalling-launches-compl...