Partners
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Programmatic Technology - A Case Study with MINI

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

slideshow-engage.pngProgrammatic TechnologyProgrammatic Technology uses data and algorithms to plan, buy, and optimize ads to deliver the right messages to the right people at the right times. Programmatic ads look like any ad you get on your mobile phone. But behind the scenes, data and customer behaviors decide which ads should be seen, and by which audiences. This allows you to serve ads a la carte to different groups of people, which means your advertising can be more innovative and creative.

Mini recently utilized programmatic technology to run a tailored to fit anyone campaign. They wanted to promote 7 car models to audiences with different needs. To do this, they created a collection of ads that were broken down by elements like images, headlines, calls to actions (CTA’s), and more.

By knowing their target audiences and monitoring site activity (like what model someone looked at while on the site), MINI could use programmatic technology to more effectively tailor ads for specific people.

Here is how programmatic technology helped MINI:

• Conversions: MINI increased conversions increased by 60%
  • Spend: MINI’s cost for acquiring new users fell by 35%
  • Accuracy: MINI reduced the number of placements they created by 94%

Has anyone had any experience with programmatic technology? If so, please share it in the comments below I would love to hear them!

Mike Blackmore - 1 Click Away From a Conversion
3 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I'm a big fan of this.  Especially in Auto.  There are a lot of companies in this space.  Do you have any in particular you like Mike?  I use Marin Software, it's okay. They say they have programmatic technology, but I can't tell (result wise).    

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Tony,

Programmatic was a match made in heaven for automotive in my opinion. Tony, we use Media Math for most of our clients.

Mike Blackmore - 1 Click Away From a Conversion

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Incredible numbers, @Mike Blackmore! Could you elaborate on "Conversions: MINI increased conversions increased by 60%?" The lift in the overall number of conversions is pretty hefty. Were the starting numbers low?

Also, how do you mean they reduced the "number of placements they created?"

Julia Muller,
AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.