Partners
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

[Poll] What is the most common mistake you find in an "inherited" AdWords account?

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

agency_testimonial_01.png

What is the most common mistake you find in an "inherited" AdWords account?

A. Poor account structure

B. Lack of negative keywords

C. No conversion tracking

D. Lack of A/B testing

Make your choice, and explain why in the comments below.  

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: [Poll] What is the most common mistake you find in an "inherited" AdWords account?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I guess I would say A. Poor Account Structure.

But, by that, I mean too many keywords, using keywords that aren't converting, and not using extensions properly.

Re: [Poll] What is the most common mistake you find in an "inherited" AdWords account?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I am in agreement with @Shanee_Kirk.

A. Poor Account Structure. 

Far too many keywords. I think the first thing a new user of Adwords does is load 200 keywords. They would gain far more by adding 15-20 keywords tightly controlled by properly designed Ad Groups. And add at least 3 ads per Ad Group, not one and not twelve.

Focus on quality traffic (not mass clicks & traffic) that converts on the assigned goal, which can only happen with the right keywords & Ad Groups. 

It's sorta like the first time someone goes fishing. They just want to catch something. Catching a rotten shoe will bring a smile, but soon they realize they want to catch a Scamp or Red Snapper... and now the real fishing begins with success only happening with the right bait (keywords) & tackle (Ad Groups). Robot Happy 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I can see a trend here Smiley Happy  Yep, A for me as well, and for the same reasons; too many Keywords mainly with 80% of them not converting and having long historical data to prove their worthlessness.

I guess the second choice would be lack of conversion tracking.  I can forgive a lot of structural issues as long as they're tracking success but the best structure in the world is (almost!) worthless if you're not tracking performance.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
c. no conversion tracking