AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Pay Per Visit - The future of Marketing?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Happy Thursday Y'all.  We all heard of pay per click, pay per impression, pay per view (TrueViews)... but what about Pay Per Visit?  Pokemon Go is going to test it out.  

Article: https://www.clickz.com/pokemon-go-to-get-pay-per-visit-sponsored-locations/103206/

Already retail stores are using Lure Modules to greatly increase sales.  I like the concept... For Auto we always have trouble tracking whether our digital spend results in dealership visits.  Since Niantic was previously owned by Google, I'd love to see this metric be used in AdWords. It's the ultimate sell in the auto industry.  

Thoughts?  

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Pay Per Visit - The future of Marketing?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Tony_Guo, it's an exciting opportunity for businesses and advertisers. 

Lures, Gyms and PokeStops can be a fun way to engage the gamers and fill a parking lot and business with activity. 

What's even more incredible is just how affordable luring is. Let's do the math. With $100 netting you 14,500 Pokecoins and an eight-pack of Lures costing 680 Pokecoins:

14,500 Pokecoins / 680 = 21 eight-packs of lures
(21 * 8)/2 = 84 hours
$100/84 hours = $1.19 per hour

For those interested, these are some interesting and helpful resources to enjoy, too. 

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Tony,

We have been following the Go craze, avidly. At first I was like do we really want a bunch of unqualified traffic running around the dealership but then I read a great article on Driving Sales and seen some really creative ways to use the Lure Modules.

Over the weekend I reluctantly set out with my daughter and my APK file downloaded nicely on my Nexus 6P and began getting my head around the concept so as a marketer I could take advantage of any early adoption ideas.

Well, I am happy to announce over the weekend we set up a $10 Oil change promotion in the service department for anyone coming in to claim a lure when they came into the service department. The end result was 4 people called in and booked service appointments for this week and they mentioned that it was fun that we participated in the game etc.

I will continue to monitor where this Pokemon "GO"es and report back.
Mike Blackmore - 1 Click Away From a Conversion

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
I like it a lot. My local game store has the lure on all the time. Their magic the gathering attendance has shot up 100% since then. It's really easy to level up and collection items at a store with AC... far easier than walking.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Oh that's awesome. It's such a unique marketing idea. Using lures in service makes a lot of sense. Since you wait.

As for quality. Our dealerships are okay with having people. It got a lot of traffic this weekend. For dealerships that are not poke stops, we give away a physical dollar and then they buy incense. Compared to our other promotions, it's a drop in the bucket. The parents enjoy it since their children complain less about the visit.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 6
Top Contributor Alumni
I stopped to catch a caterpie and walked out with a new benzie...

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Haha. I've done this too. Mostly with food locations with a poke stop.