Partners
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Partner Spotlight: J Clemens

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Every two weeks we feature a Partner who has been active and helpful in the community, but has not yet been recognized as a Rising Star or Top Contributor. We value our partners' sharing their insights and providing mutual support to one another.

Today, we through the spotlight on @James_Clemens, a Florida-based Partner who has been active both here, and in the former G+ community. Thanks, J!

jclemens (2).jpg

How do you explain what you do to someone who is unfamiliar with AdWords?

I like to bring the explanation offline to something they can relate to in the physical world, like driving down the road looking for a place to eat. A well-lit sign in front of a restaurant is analogous to an effective organic listing on Google Search, and a billboard that says, “good food 2 miles ahead” would compare to a well-placed Google AdWords Ad.

What is a professional milestone you hope to achieve, and how will you get there?

More than ever, now that we’ve become a fully-badged Google Partner, we want our services to reflect superior expertise. Our work is behind-the-scenes but we maintain an expectation that our results will shine and be evident. Our primary professional milestone is continuous and specific to each client.

What is the best AdWords-related advice someone ever gave you?

That without goals you’re driving blind and without conversions you’re dead in the water. Far too many marketers (and business owners) put the focus on clicks and visitors, but the real crown of marketing is conversions.    

Besides AdWords, what is your favorite Google product or tool, and why?

My favorite tools are the ones most important to the businesses I serve, and those are Analytics, Google+, and Google Maps. Analytics validates what is happening or what has taken place; Google+ is clever and clean; and Google Maps is vital to operating a business in the here and now. But I find myself in awe over Google DeepMind. DeepMind taps into so many of my areas of interest; interests that go back to childhood when my imagination was preoccupied with spaceships and the future.

What do you like best about where you live?

I love the natural beauty and the people. Panama City Beach is located on the Gulf of Mexico in the Florida Panhandle. My wife and I enjoy swimming and boating at the beach, canoeing at the freshwater springs, and just walking around at the parks. And we love the kindhearted people who live here.

jclemens (1).jpgHere he is with a 1908 piano he restored in his workshop.jclemens (1).pngjclemens (2).png 

Want to be featured in a Spotlight? We pore through the community looking for Partners who have been especially helpful or engaging. Jump in by answering questions, posting links to articles you've found insightful, or share your perspective on industry trends.

7 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Partner Spotlight: J Clemens

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Great job  @J Clemens!

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Way to go J. Clemons!! Very well deserved!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
You deserved it J. Clemens! Thanks for all your hard work (-:

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I am honored and stoked for receiving this recognition from Google and this fine community filled with so many experts I admire. Google has been a strong partner to me (and my agency), and that has allowed me to grow in skills and friendships... and clients, too.

@Google Partners, I really appreciate your care and continued support of me... and the Google Cake you sent was delicious and oh so stylish! My agency ate all we could, then we shared it with a new client (onboarded last week) and a longstanding client (onboarded 10 years ago). We loved it... and they all loved it, too! And it made for some great conversation about Google Partners, the community, the program, and all of the googly great support Google gives us and their partners around the world.

@rachelle h, thanks so much for your support. Happy Friday to you... it was for us!

@Shanee_Kirk, your continued support and enthusiasm is greatly appreciated. Thanks and have a great weekend!

@Trevor_Stewart, I have followed your posts on G+ for years and am once again honored to receive your kind words and appreciation of my contributions. Cheers for all you do, sir!

Well, I am happy to be here and love technology and marketing very much, so this community, Google Partners, and what Alphabet is doing with Google and many other projects is truly epic. I hope many more can experience all the greatness I have with my agency in 2016! Thanks so much... and enjoy some digital cake... since I consumed all of the digital pizza. Robot surprised

google-partners-spotlight-june-10-2016.jpgGoogly Great Cake - Google Partners Spotlight, June 10, 2016.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Awesome. I've always wanted to learn more about you!

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Love the Cake!! Yum.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Thank you, @Tony_Guo. We actually have a lot in common... and will have to catch up sometime. 

The googly great cake was a big hit!

Have a super great weekend... and be Google great!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Congratulations @James_Clemens!

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Thank you, @Tami O. I appreciate your support and taking the time to read it. Robot Happy

Happy Sunday to you!