AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Overheard in a restaurant...

Top Contributor Alumni
# 1
Top Contributor Alumni

I was at Panera bread and as I walked from the pickup counter to mt table with a fresh coffee in hand I passed a table where two older gentlemen were sitting. One was looking at something on his laptop. He asked his friend to look too. His friend gave it a glance and then said "I hardly remember how to use one of those things anymore since I have this (holding up his smart phone)".

I wonder how many people that same sentiment could apply to. Those who were never heavy computer users anyway who made the transition to a smart phone because it does everything they needed a computer for and is portable.

It just shows the reality of how important the mobile market is today.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Overheard in a restaurant...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I cannot relate!!! I love my laptop and would much prefer surfing on a bigger screen. I know the world is going mobile, but I still prefer the big screen!

Re: Overheard in a restaurant...

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Ha! I will sometimes look things up on my mobile phone while my laptop is there out of laziness and convenience! But I definitely use my laptop all the time. I also can't live without a 2nd screen for my laptop so I can multitask.