Partners
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

No Mic Sound on Hangouts!

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Has anyone experienced a problem where you cannot use your computer mic for Hangouts?  I've tried everything to resolve this with no luck!  I can hear perfectly, but no one can hear ME.  It's super frustrating.

I'll take any tips if anyone has em.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: No Mic Sound on Hangouts!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Since one of their last updates lots of people are having issues. Troubleshoot audio/video issues with video calls

What works for me when I am having these issue is start a hangout, once you are running unplug your camera & mic and plug them back in, usually that alone fixes the issue, once plugged back in you will have all the controls back. If that fails, try going into the settings and change your setting to default and test, then try and toggle it to the Logitech camera if that is what you are using. 

For me these above steps work, but there are times where they do not. Since you have a separate camera and mic combo have you tried using another computer to test if its the settings in your system causing the error? 

Of Course try clearing cache, testing another browser, if you are using extensions try disabling them for a test and enable them back one at a time to see if the issues rises to the top. 

Just wanted to try and help! 

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner