Partners
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

New year's resolution: Say no to unnecessary meetings.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

new_year.png

Ever feel like meetings eat up your whole day? Clean up your calendar in January by only accepting ones with a clear agenda. 

What else do you do to maximize the time in your day?

Follow Google Partners on LinkedIn and Twitter.

5 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I hate unnecessary meetings!  Here's to less of them in 2017.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I do agree. 

Personally, I would rather be actually doing something versus talking about doing something. 

I shape the meeting ahead of time by going over what the purpose is, what we plan to complete, what I am expected to do, and what they are expected to do. This clears up any issues before attending. Next, I allocate a certain amount of time for the meeting and then I close it out and move on.

By doing this, both parties are appreciated more, and my client sees that I am organized and professional... which helps throughout the entire relationship. 

All the Best,

James

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Amen for that one! We don't have any time for meetings without a purpose.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Oh, good one!

Here is mine: Stop chasing professional news as they come in. Allot a time to review when the day is done. Important stuff will seep in through others if it truly needs to be considered immediately.

Julia Muller,
AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Julia - That could be helped if writers would stop "rewriting" the wheel.  It's pretty rare that I find an article that has a nugget of NEW information in it.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Exactly, Shanee! Takes time to go over all those "news" to find out in the end that there isn't really anything new there. Gotta start optimizing that effort Smiley Happy 

Julia Muller,
AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.