AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
1.3K members online now
1.3K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

New UI in Partners AdWords Tab

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Howdy,

Everyone should take a look at their partner profile, the area has changed lots of new information, might want to spend a few minutes checking things out.

Company Profile (Certifications, Performance, Company Specifications) 

Cheers...

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner
4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: New UI in Partners AdWords Tab

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hey Spence, I seen it this morning as well. Seem like they added specializations as a requirement.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Ah late to the update party I am Smiley Happy Trevor

I see that about specifications, I need to dig into the details, but happy to see this more broken down, to better understand what elements might be missing or needing some love.

New Stuff...

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Has any one found out anything about the new partner profile. It just changed suddenly and is now saying I'm at risk with implementation of best practices. Seems weird that it just changed without any announcement or information on what the new requirements/changes are..

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hey @Spencer_Wade

Thanks for the heads up!

Any word on the rollout of the specializations?  I would assume, although I can't be positive, that we would likely qualify for most of the specializations. Right now, we have two specializations - Search & Mobile. The spend bars are currently full for all specializations but video, display and shopping have nothing in the performance bars. Is this a slow rollout or do we have work to do?  haha

Also, any idea when will the new premier badges be ready for use online - the fancy ones that will have the interactive listing of specializations?  Seems we've been upgraded or something.

premier-google-partner-RGB-search-mobile.jpg

Thanks!

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Sorry @Yewande O for the sudden changes, yet rest assured that this is a system/UI upgrade and not a bug or glitch. Since these upgrades are quite complex it may require a little readjusting from the user side.

As you noticed that it mentions that you are ''at risk with implementation of best practices'' the purpose of these thresholds is solely to provide better value to the advertiser. Google will always improve and change the world as we know it since advertising evolves on a daily basis.

Since you are a Google Partner they also want to make sure that you have the support that your agency needs to provide the best techniques possible for your company's & client's benefit. Being a Google Partner means all working towards better results, together.

Good luck

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hey @PPCBossman

The new Premier facelift has not been announced yet in public so that is the first time it some see it. The specializations will follow your account spends in each media which should populate the score bars in your profile page automatically. So you're good to go!

This will help advertisers find experts across the board.... all we need is more traffic in the Partners search!

@Spencer_Wade - you might know more?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hey @Trevor_Stewart

It was definitely the first time I've seen the new UI/Badges.  I just want to make sure we get what we can and I wasn't sure if anyone had all the specializations yet or if they will just eventually show up in a slow roll-out type of situation.

It's not 100% clear to me yet but I kinda wish/hope there was/is more of a distinction between the two levels, the current information isn't very clear beyond the need to have multiple people certified. Does premier need more managed spend perhaps too?

I agree, if we could actually get some qualified leads/traffic through partners it would be amazing.  Smiley Happy

Thanks!

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hey @PPCBossman I am sure we will hear something official real soon. I see that you are on point as usual, keep up the hard work!

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Hello Yewande,

Sorry for falling offline here, Trevor explained it well. Don't get discouraged just go through all your settings and accounts and check that everything is up to speed. Usually after an update their is some major changes but most wash out after the 1st week, so as Trevor said if in doubt try reaching out to support and have them look things over if you feel something is wrong with your system. The main thing is they are changing things for the better.

Let us know if you are able to get the message to go away after spending sometime in your accounts.

Good Luck!