Partners
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

New Adwords Interface

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Lookie Lookie!  We are now seeing the new Adwords interface in some of our client accounts.  It's so VERY different so far.  I've been using the "give feedback" button already to pass along my thoughts.  It's definitely taking me a little while longer to get around and do my morning tasks, but I'm sure this will improve with time.  I felt the same way when the new editor was released.

Anyone else see this yet?  What have been your thoughts?

adwordsui.jpg

5 Expert replyverified_user

Re: New Adwords Interface

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Have to say I love the new interface, despite some obvious patching between the old and the new UI. Btw, that's the UI we got to preview at the TC summit, where u were dearly missed @Shanee_Kirk. But I am crushed by not seeing Converted Clicks (as opposed to Conversions) anymore! WHY? Can someone point out what am I missing?!

Julia Muller,
AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I don't "dislike" it at all... But, getting used to it for sure. And, finding lots of missing features. I've used the "leave feedback" button a LOT. I wonder where all that feedback goes??

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I see the "alpha" UI release across all MCC accounts, but not across a few "private" accounts. It's good. Lots of unnecessary info gone. It'll surely take some getting used to.

Julia Muller,
AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Wow, looks like they left out the Canadiens again, eh! lol
Nothing new on this end :-(

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
The new UI is without question still very much in an Alpha state. I've taken the approach of reviewing, testing and providing feedback on what is currently available, well knowing that most of the functionality that we use regularly is not implemented yet.

Also, it might be worthwhile to review the Help docs for the NAE. There is further information on what is currently active as well as what's new (as development progresses).

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6383306?hl=en&ref_topic=6383063

I can't imagine that Google is going to eliminate anything in the new UI. It's been mentioned previously that this is essentially a cosmetic change. When this is completed, I bet we'll see everything we expect and more.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

New Adwords Interface

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I've tried the new interface quite a few times by clicking the try the new version option but I tend to switch back to the earlier version.

For example, I tried to create a Dynamic search ad campaign in the new version and I just could not find a quick and easy way to set this up. I did not have the patience to go through the help center to read the setup steps and I switched to the current version to create the DSA campaign.

I somehow find the current version to be much cleaner and easy to read. I guess that's happening with me as I've always been accustomed to the look at feel of the current version (in terms of font size, layout, etc).

I guess it will take me some more time to get used to the new version. So many options, change in layout can be overwhelming. That said, I'm sure it's definitely much powerful.

New Adwords Interface

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I still find the current version easy to use and navigate. The interface and layout of the new version is not very user-friendly.

New Adwords Interface

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Chetan J,

It is natural for us to dislike changes, especially in a tool we use so frequently. I am sure that everyone will learn to appreciate the new UI sooner than later.

New Adwords Interface

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't dislike the new experience, but I find myself wondering why it was changed? I know all tech products have a limited shelf-life because people thrive on change, like the way my sons love it when we move their bedroom furniture around: it's exciting! However it doesn't look as though there are new functionalities in the new UI, just a different lay-out for the same functionalities (and sometimes the old function is gone, such as with @Julia_Muller's question around Converted Clicks).
I like some of the changes because it is more intuitive, but by-and-large it's relearning where things are. I only started using AdWords three months ago on the previous experience, so it just feels like a longer learning curve. I think I would having a much more difficult time if I had be using the previous experience for many year.s