Partners
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Mobile Sites Certification

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Have you guys seen the new certification for mobile sites?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Mobile Sites Certification

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ryan,

I have heard about it and learn a little about it... but haven't dived in yet. I do plan to though. How about you?

Mobile now accounts for over half of all web traffic1, making performance on small screens more important than ever.

Despite this increase, a recent study by Google found that the average time it takes to load a mobile landing page is 22 seconds. When you consider that 53% of mobile site visitors will leave a site if it takes more than three seconds to load, it's clear why conversion rates are consistently lower on mobile than desktop.

Website visitors now expect their mobile experience to be as flawless as desktop, and the majority of online businesses are failing to deliver.

With this in mind, we're introducing the new Google Mobile Sites certification. Passing the Mobile Sites exam signals that you have a demonstrated ability to build and optimize high-quality sites, and allows you to promote yourself as a Google accredited mobile site developer.

Through codifying best practice in mobile site development, we hope to improve the general standard of mobile design and speed, and make it easier to find the best talent.

What the exam covers
To pass the exam, you'll need to show proficiency across mobile site design, mobile UX best practice, mobile site speed optimization, and advanced web technologies. We've put together a study guide that covers everything you'll need to know.

What are the benefits?

We know that a lot of web developers are doing great work on mobile sites - this certification is a way of promoting them to a wider audience. Being certified means being recognized by Google as an expert in mobile site optimization, which will make you more accessible and attractive to potential clients looking for a good match for those services.

The certification will display on your Partners profile, helping you stand out to businesses looking for mobile site development, and can also be shared across social media. 

Let us know what you discover.

All the Best,

James

Re: Mobile Sites Certification

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Just passed it!  Seems to be comprehensive - need to understand progressive web apps as well as standard mobile-first web design, AMP, and font behavior.  Although the certification date may make people question it.... should have waited to April 2  Smiley Very Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, just saw it yesterday....very insightful.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just spotted it in Google Partners! Do you need to be a developer to pass this?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Jason,

The test is open to anyone, just like AdWords & Analytics certification.

This is a great certification for anyone working with digital advertising, not just a developer. Since AdWords is heavily mobile-focused, it's important for us all to know what is deemed "best practices" by Google on the subject of websites. I have already created an article expanding on this for the Google Partners community, and it will be posted next week. 

Study up and have fun.

All the Best,

James

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Just see the new exam will take it soon.

Badged Google Partner
# 8
Badged Google Partner

It was pretty good - glad to see Google expand it's certifications into other related fields!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James - please help!  I have passed my GAIQ, Digital Sales, eCommerce Analytics, Tag Manager and Adwords Fundamentals exam.  

However, the mobile sites exam I have now done 3 times and failed.  Everytime I have gone through the course info, checked my notes, re-checked and checked again and I'm almost certain the exam is not working as it should.  I know this may come across arrogant but i am certain I've got the answers correct as I've double checked them against the course material.  I'm tearing my hair out as I can't pass it.

I'd be happy to show you my answers and notes to prove I know what's what.  Can you please help me? I dont know what else to do!

Many thanks, Tom

tomanderson83 @ gmail.com

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi Tom,

Sorry to hear of your roller coaster journey with the Mobile Sites exam. I can reveal that I am a developer and love this content and have taken the exam many times. I passed the first time with a passable score but felt I should have done better so I took it again. The second time I passed with a high 90% (I think a 96) and still felt I should have done better. And so I took it again. The third time I passed with a lower 90% (I think a 94) and still felt I should have done better. Well, I ended up taking it more times and ended with a 98 (I do believe) and I still feel I should have nailed it since I have coded and operated servers since 1996. To this day, I do not know which ones I missed, lol, but I did miss something somewhere. After all of the testing, I realized that some of the ones I first missed came about from a twisting of words that my brain was tripping up on. It's not that I did not know the content or that the test was wrong... but I was reading the trickery (ha!) wrong and inputting the wrong answer. Sadly, I have always been that way with tests. I would rather dive in and do versus read and answer. 

I say all of this to present the possibly that the 5-9 questions that are worded tricky could have you twisted up, too?

I am not allowed to provide answers to exam questions so it is hard for me to assist personally. I do know that if I was tripped up on the wording to a subject I live and breath... it could be snagging you and others, as well. Perhaps take a rest and review your study materials and let it all settle in differently with you? 

I hope this provokes and battle plan for you. 

Kind Regards,

James