AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Magazines I Read to Get PPC Ideas

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Screen Shot 2016-04-26 at 10.03.08 AM.png

Happy Tuesday Y'all.  I still order a batch of magazines each month and several I just buy at my groceries.  I find them a great source of inspiration for display ads.  In particular Vogue has display ads which I've "mimicked" to great success for campaigns selling rugs and furnitures.  Afar display ad "templates" I've used for travel related adwords campaigns.  Red Bull, I've used for Jeep dealerships.  

I've also "mimicked" headline text from Economist, Forbes, Fortune, Art, Time, etc.  They've nailed down the science of a good headline and description text.  Whenever I bump across a great headline I rip the page out and put it in a desk bing.  

Are there any traditional sources of inspiration you use for AdWords?  Books?  Commercials?  Looking forward to learning more from everyone.  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Magazines I Read to Get PPC Ideas

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
That's pretty smart! It's great to look to the experts for inspiration. I tend to troll around the net and look at what competitors are doing, then try to do it better -- Stand out from the crowd, in a crowded space. But, ever since I began in marketing (a million years ago), I can't even drive down the street without critiquing billboards and seeing ways to improve them. It's the marketers curse.

Re: Magazines I Read to Get PPC Ideas

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Traditional has been around for a long time. They know what they are doing when they create headlines/ ad copy. Smiley Happy I love critiquing billboards as well. I also agree with trying to do it even better.