Partners
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Lots of Leads... But, None of Them Are Good.

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

So, I just had this experience today.  We had a client for which we increased leads 300%, but they did not increase their actual "sales" or ROI for the month... Just the number of registrations went up.  I was trying to explain to the client that this is now the time for feedback/optimization and reiteration.  They were getting lots of B2C leads, but their desired market is B2B.  I'm not sure the client fully understood the concept of refining the results to generate more GOOD leads.

It can be frustrating when the ad copy and landing pages clearly state B2B, but the unqualified end user completes the registration process anyway.  My suggestion was adding some validation to the forms... But, they did not go for that.

What are ways that you use to explain this to clients?  I often say that information on the bad leads is just as important as information on the good leads!  We need to make adjustments to the landing pages and ad copy etc. etc.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Lots of Leads... But, None of Them Are Good.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hey Shanee this happens quite often in the Automobile industry where our landing pages are highly conversional and sometimes we force a lead that might not of be exactly ready to convert (beginning of their buying stage)

At first we would hear that these leads were of lower quality than previous leads that we did less convincing, yet after studying these leads with a proper BDC (Business Development Center) which did the proper follow ups and nurtured the lead we noticed that the lead was just as good yet needed some time to get closer to their purchase state.

Not sure if this rule could apply to your situation but at the same time the prospect was shopping on their own computer , on their own time , went and searched for our targeted keywords then spent time on our clients site where they decided to give us their personal information to be contacted (on their own) how can this lead be bad?

Sometimes it may require more work to advance the prospect closer to their purchase point. Maybe time to introduce a CRM...

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Those are very good points! You are right that the "lead" did take some time to go through the whole process, so there must be something of value there...

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
In addition to adding it in the Ad text, try adding it very clearly to the site. + you could make the look and feel of the site target the B2B audience.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Sometimes it's sales people. It happens in dealerships all the time. That's why added call recording. Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
If the name of the game is business leads, the form needs to reflect that. There are a few options to bring to the client. Have them choose the one that fits best. A business email address may need to be required on the form, not simply a gmail or yahoo email address. Or, the first field on the form should say "company name". This will set the tone for the form and help clarify to the end user. Lastly, you can talk with the client and find out what a good lead vs a bad lead looks like. Then add yourself to the form submission email list and help sift through the qualified leads so you can more accurately measure the roi of the real b2b leads. Good luck, let us know what happens.