Partners
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Looking for a suggestion on PPC to manufacturer website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone!

I'm doing a website where I want to put some specific links of products to go to the manufacturer's website when clicked. I want to setup a PPC approach so I can address them with an offer on what platform to move onto and then start with the referral/lead revenue.

Any ideas?

Very appreciated

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jorge D
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Jorge D,

Are you looking to approach an auto manufacturer with a proposal on the amount of traffic you are referring to them? Do you have a way of tracking if a customer clicks on your link and then converts on their website? 

I would suggest that you capture the leads on your own website then package them up and approach them on purchasing those leads if all went well I would go for the agreement. 

Almost every manufacturer is already dealing with a certified approved agency to handle most of their digital marketing needs but I would definitely encourage you to give it a try.

Have a great weekend.

Mike Blackmore - 1 Click Away From a Conversion

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jorge D,

With the setup you suggest, Google AdWords (PPC) advertising may not work. They actually have pretty strong policies against affiliate-type websites, which it sounds like yours would fall under. With AdWords, you need to provide a website that is the end of the stream. It's not ideal to run ads that bring people to the landing page and then pushes them elsewhere.

If I misunderstand your outline and you are not wanting to use PPC (pay per click) in this manner... please do let us know more so we can provide more information.

Kind Regards,

James 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @James_Clemens! Thanks a lot for your feedback!

Thing is I created a website where I list new cars. I then lead visitors to the manufacturer's car specific page so they can continue with the regular process. Right now I have just pure links to their site and I'm sending leads for free :-/ (I guess it is the way to start)

I would like to address them and tell them that I would like to get a PPC agreement with them. I know AdWords may not be the right path, just looking for options and come up with a solution, more than with a problem.

Once again, thanks a lot!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Jorge D,

You are very welcome and this is the right place to think out loud.

Lots of really talented people here with an advanced level of skills. 

I would like to give some of the experts here a chance to reply, with @Spencer_Wade, @Trevor_Stewart, @Mike Blackmore and @Tony_Guo being a few of them. 

It might take a few days for them to reply, but they will. 

Have a great weekend,

James 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jorge D
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Jorge D,

Are you looking to approach an auto manufacturer with a proposal on the amount of traffic you are referring to them? Do you have a way of tracking if a customer clicks on your link and then converts on their website? 

I would suggest that you capture the leads on your own website then package them up and approach them on purchasing those leads if all went well I would go for the agreement. 

Almost every manufacturer is already dealing with a certified approved agency to handle most of their digital marketing needs but I would definitely encourage you to give it a try.

Have a great weekend.

Mike Blackmore - 1 Click Away From a Conversion

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Sorry everyone busy weekend, looks like the crew stepped up, I agree with J Clemens about policy and following the rules and I also agree with Mike B about giving it a try. Either way keep us posted on the outcome and good luck! 

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot @Mike Blackmore and @Spencer_Wade for all the feedback! Very appreciated. For sure getting the leads and packaging them will work!