Partners
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Local SEM, is the world ready for local search ads?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Looks like we are moving closer to the pay to play era with the birth of new local search ads in the snack pack results. These results have been a powerful place for business to show up since they have always been at the top of the SERP. Google has been manicuring these search results for many years which were always ad free, now it looks like they are ready to mix things up. Take a look at what you will soon see at the top of the local search results

dental-ad.jpg

The ads are still being tested yet I believe that will be rolled out shortly. Hopefully we will know more about these ads and how these perform and how much value it will ad for our clients soon.

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Local SEM, is the world ready for local search ads?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hey Trevor,

I read something recently talking about this could be their next billion dollar outline....

We will see how this all plays out.

This is a good example of checking the online system daily and taking screenshots when available....

Happy Monday

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Agreed that this could lead to some good ad positions. I can't wait to see some metrics and data from these ads...

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
I have seen these ads on one of my clients accounts already

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
I guess we are both super excited for this. Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
For sure Tony, this is big news for the SEM world. Especially since that position has never been available to purchase. Can't wait to see the outcome.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
This space has been available on Google Maps the only real difference is there moving it to search as well . What I think is really the biggest news is simply that non local businesses will have access pretty much to the local business listings through these ads even though Google has tried to kick non local businesses out of the local listings.