Partners
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Is a 5 second video set up as in-Stream and charged at cost per view TrueView or Bumper?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is a 5 second video set up as in-Stream and charged as CPV considered a TrueView or Bumper Ad?

Understand that TrueView ads are charged at CPV and skippable after 5 seconds.
On the other hand, Bumper Ads are charged at CPM and non-skippable.

In this case, my campaign was set up as TrueView and I'm charged at CPV (elements of a TrueView campaign).

However, it is non-skippable (element of a Bumper Ad, but I note that it's only non-skippable because of a creative technicality i.e. the video is 5 seconds only).

Just want to understand what I can classify this under?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Spencer_Wade (Top Contributor)
June

Is a 5 second video set up as in-Stream and charged at cost per view TrueView or Bumper?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Spencer, 

Thanks for the response! Actually, I would think it's a TrueView because of the charging model.

In this case, I was charged at a cost per view. What do you think? Kindly see link below:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375464?hl=en

TrueView Ads

​How will I be charged?

• You pay when a viewer watches 30 seconds of your video (or the duration if it's shorter than 30 seconds) or interacts with your video, whichever comes first.

Bumper Ads​

How will I be charged?

• You pay based on impressions. Bumper ads use CPM (cost-per-thousand impressions) bidding, so you pay each time your ad is shown 1,000 times.

View solution in original post

Is a 5 second video set up as in-Stream and charged as CPV considered a TrueView or Bumper Ad?

N/A
# 1
N/A

Understand that TrueView ads are charged at CPV and skippable after 5 seconds.

On the other hand, Bumper Ads are charged at CPM and non-skippable.

In this case, my campaign was set up as TrueView and I'm charged at CPV (elements of a TrueView campaign).

However, it is non-skippable (element of a Bumper Ad, but I note that it's only non-skippable because of a creative technicality i.e. the video is 5 seconds only).

Just want to understand what I can classify this under?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Just wanted to try and get you to the source. 

TrueView in-stream ads: If view counts on YouTube are a concern, it's a good idea to make videos at least 12 seconds long. YouTube analytics doesn’t track views less than 10 seconds. 

About bumper ads: Your bumper video ad is 6 seconds or shorter and plays before, during, or after another video. Viewers do not have the option to skip the ad.

Seems like the answer to the question is Bumper. 

Hope it helps! 

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Spencer_Wade (Top Contributor)
June

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Spencer, 

Thanks for the response! Actually, I would think it's a TrueView because of the charging model.

In this case, I was charged at a cost per view. What do you think? Kindly see link below:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375464?hl=en

TrueView Ads

​How will I be charged?

• You pay when a viewer watches 30 seconds of your video (or the duration if it's shorter than 30 seconds) or interacts with your video, whichever comes first.

Bumper Ads​

How will I be charged?

• You pay based on impressions. Bumper ads use CPM (cost-per-thousand impressions) bidding, so you pay each time your ad is shown 1,000 times.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Good catch @Rachel L,

I was focused on the time, I think you answered your question Smiley Happy, if you were charged CPV than TrueView would seem to be the model.

Have you had your rep look at the account in question to get a second set of eyes on the question? Might be worth the time. 

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner