AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Ideas to get past this violation!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

These are not really the ads that I want to run but I have had to change them over and over again because for some reason no matter what I do I get a punctuation violation.  I only use periods and one exclamation mark.  I have tried removing all punctuation but that also is a punctuation violation.

I could use some ideas from the community.  I have removed the urls to not have any "personally identifiable" information in this post per forum instructions.

----------------------------------------------
Campaign: 'Proven| CA General Liability | Search wo/Partners | Accelerated | CPC,' Ad Group: 'Business Liability Insurance'

Ad Text:

Cheap {KeyWord:General Liability}
We Insure Small Business
Free Certificate of Insurance. Talk to an Insurance Agent Today. Work With Us!
xxx

Ad Status: Disapproved
Ad Issue(s): Punctuation and symbols
~~~~~~~~~
Ad Text:

Cheap {KeyWord:General Liability}
We Insure Small Business
Get a free certificate of insurance. Quick general liability quote. Call us!
xxx

~~~~~~~~~

SUGGESTIONS:
---> To help provide a quality user experience, promotions need to be clear, easy to read, and professional in appearance. For this reason, we don't allow ad text that uses non-standard, gimmicky, or unnecessary punctuation, numbers, letters, and symbols. Here are some examples:
 - Exclamation mark in the ad's headline or more than one per ad
 - Repeated punctuation or symbols (such as "!!!!free!!!")
 - Characters that don't adhere to their true meaning (such as "4 sale" or using "@ home" to mean "at home")
 - Non-standard symbols (such as ~, *, and |) except in a company name or standard industry use (such as "5* hotel")

To run your ad, please edit it to remove such punctuation and symbols. If you use App Promotion Ads, remember that app meta data such as "App icons," "App name," and "Developer name" must comply with these policies.

See the policy to learn how to fix your ad: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6021546#048
Campaign: 'Proven| CA General Liability | Search wo/Partners | Accelerated | CPC,' Ad Group: 'General Liability Insurance'

Ad Text:

Cheap {KeyWord:Business Insurance}
Meets Contract Requirements
Liability Insurance for Business Lowest Quote Guarantee Same Day Binding Call
xxx

~~~~~~~~~
Ad Text:

Cheap {KeyWord:Business Insurance}
Meets Contract Requirements
Quick liability insurance quotes for small business and contractors. Call us!
xxx

~~~~~~~~~

Re: Ideas to get past this violation!

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

It's not just you, man. Happening to us, as well. Same deal. One exclamation point.

disapproved.png

Ideas to get past this violation!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Worse I removed the exclamation point and they are still giving me a violation.  No periods either.  Trying everything to no avail.  

I have stopped making and editing ads until this problem goes away.