Partners
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

How political ads and video content influence voter opinion

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Even if you don't live in the U.S., these stats from Think with Google are fascinating (https://goo.gl/DHnT3r):

• Since April 2015, people have watched more than 110 million hours of candidate- and issues-related content on YouTube.
• Searches for election-related content on YouTube have grown by nearly 4X since presidential candidates started making their announcements last April.
• 59% of people who turn to online video to learn more about the candidates are under the age of 35. One in four are over the age of 45.

So how can political candidates win over voters with video content?

1. Be there. Pay attention to Google Trends (filtering by YouTube) and make sure your video content answers voters' pressing questions.

2. Be useful and quick. Capitalize on timely, cultural conversations and deliver the right content at the right moment.

3. Be influential. The most influential YouTube creators are putting out content that answers their audience's questions.

Which political candidates do you think are winning the YouTube game?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How political ads and video content influence voter opinion

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I would love to work in political "marketing". I've always thought it would be a fun twist on the marketing knowledge from the business world.