Partners
2K members online now
2K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

How do you target publilshers?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi PPC professionals!

I am in the following situation. I have a client with a platform that provides content creators/publishers the ability to create, publish and monetize interactive content (mostly polls). Their target audience is publishers in the UK, big and small (mostly sports, politics and entertainment). It is up to us to decide which channels to use to reach these people. But so far I am struggling to come up with any ideas.

I was thinking GDN with the relevant publishers as placements. But isn't that too broad? I mean obviously the publishers are on their own websites, but still I will be reaching all their visitors.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do you target publilshers?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Emil S,

Are you thinking GDN because display clicks are inexpensive? Makes sense, but I'd also consider search. If you can find sweet spot keywords, you could really drive lead gen for your client.

Search would work by targeting prospects who are already aware of what they need and may only be hesitating with the final choice, comparison shopping platform features. How stiff is your client's competition? But search is also good for getting early awareness. Your client's customer purchasing cycle may be long, and search could really help your client to stay at the top of mind with numerous touches along the way. In any case, search is the go to choice for targeting end of the funnel keywords.

GDN is an inexpensive way to raise awareness. May or may not drive leads. Content keyword targeting might work well on GDN.

Also, Gmail might work well. Have you thought about that? For instance, you could target keywords indicating that prospect scheduled a demo with your client's competitor.

Hope this helps,

-Julia

Julia Muller,
AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.