AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

How do You Encourage Small Businesses Without Websites?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

SBA_NSBW2016.jpg

Happy Small Business Weekend Y'all (well almost).  

A 2016 poll indicated 46 percent of small businesses do not have a website.  Yikes! The top two reasons cited for not having a website were:

1. A website is not relevant to their business and/or industry.
  2. The cost of a website.

Source: https://clutch.co/web-designers/resources/small-business-websites-2016-survey

When a business doesn't have a website I recommend creating a simple landing page and Call Only.  It works well.  And it's something they can quantify and quality.  Set up is easy and it get them up and running quickly.  

Are there any other things you would recommend for small businesses without websites?  Maybe Youtube?  Although that comes with video related expenses.  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How do You Encourage Small Businesses Without Websites?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Thanks for posting, @Tony_Guo

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Of course. Would be nice to promote a small business thread for the weekend. Smiley Happy It's a pretty big weekend for some of my clients.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
great topic! I have been working with starting businesses and in those cases they cannot invest on websites at the moment. What I always recommend is always to have an online presence, at least on the main social media channels. Look for the platform that has the right audience for your business and promote there.