Partners
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Hosting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Curious what other agencies are doing for Hosting for their clients. We currently have our own servers in which we manage in house, however we are not a hosting company and I don't see the value in it any longer as it is too intensive to manage servers.  I'm considering WP Engine or similar as a dedicated solution or to move each customer to their own account. 

It is nice make a few extra $$ off the hosting service however I am willing to give up the revenue for peace of mind to know that if a server crashes overnight, that there is a dedicated team on it.

Thoughts?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Hosting

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Michael Grimm,

I would recommend finding a hosting company you like and moving all of the accounts from your dedicated servers to a dedicated server that is managed by their admin team. 

This is one step down from what you are doing now, but their admin team will handle everything. It will cost you roughly $250.00-$300.00 monthly for a high end server that is fully managed. They will do patches, security, backups, hardware upgrades and much more... you just throw your websites on it and walk away. This also allows you to keep your billing structure in place and offer your clients a higher level of care since they are always up and most server farms use green energy and triple redundancy and alternate power in case of storms, etc.. 

Kind Regards,

James

Hosting

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That was the plan, but looking at cloud solutions to reduce hardware failures get a bit pricey... I'll keep looking around, however I do like the pitch from companies like WP Engine, as just about all the sites we do are Wordpress and they have some pretty great features... I manage a site for a client over there and it is flawless.. Only problem is it's about triple the price what we are paying now....  

Hosting

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Michael Grimm,

Understandable. I would add that a managed, dedicated server also cuts out labor costs, not just hardware replacement upon failure. But yes, each option has to balanced to your wants and needs. There is no cheap solution if quality and consistency is key. I started hosting websites in 1996 and have been through every possible scenario and have helped hundreds, if not thousands, of businesses with there websites and have seen the good/bad sides of hosting. lol 

I wish you great success in your journey.

All the Best,

James