Partners
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Help !

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I’m a Business Administration student. I’m writing a dissertation on web analytics and how they can improve business performances.

I would like to analyze a case study where a company was able to grow sells, profitability or efficiency with the right analytics measurement plan. Anyone knows some detailed references or studies about this topic?

Thanks everyone in advance!

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Help !

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Alvise,

Sounds like you have you have a great topic. I would start with the main Google Analytics Page, this is a place where they have shown different success from different verticals. I believe this will help you in your case. Let us know if you have an other questions.

Success Stories: See how these businesses improved their performance, for free, with Google Analytics.

Good luck on your dissertation. 

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Spencer_Wade has provided a great resource that should fuel your dissertation nicely.

If you still need something more, you should find some fun tidbits in the Analytics Academy by Google. While not case studies, it does dig in and cover all sorts of data on Analytics.

Best wishes on your journey and be Google great!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Spencer! These cases are great but i'm looking for something more in depth.

I've already tried to contact some of those companies for more data but without success.

If you have any other advices are very welcome, in the meantime thank you again for your help !

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

No problem at all, I understand you are trying to get the most data possible behind these success stories. 

A few other sources that might get you started. Google Insights | Case Studies | LunaAnalytics Success Stories | Analytics 360 Success Stories 

Good Luck!

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Alvise G wrote:
Thank you Spencer! These cases are great but i'm looking for something more in depth.

Hi @Alvise G,

There is a few considerations here. Private companies won't publicly disclose their vitals, corporate entities will have so much red tape for you to get through, what you're looking for is extremely hard to get aside of what Spencer has referenced for you already.

The closest I ever got to any in-depth business cases that you seem to be looking for is with Harvard Case Studies. You may be able to find some here: https://hbr.org/store/case-studies. They are for sale (I am not affiliated with them), but fees are nominal.

Julia Muller,
AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Think with Google also has some great data to mine