Partners
2K members online now
2K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Great Feeling

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

Today I had a client that had left some time ago call me up.  They left because they said we were too expensive.  

The gist of the conversation was that they were spending far more money on ads and getting worse results with the new company.  They then asked if we have time to take them back on as a client?

Its a great feeling.  I guess we are doing something right after all. Smiley Happy

Although, in retrospect, maybe we weren't properly communicating our value originally or we wouldn't have lost them the first time.

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Great Feeling

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Awesome I love it when things come full circle....Congrats

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Joe L,

That is great news. Congratulations on getting another chance to win them over. 

A well-educated client is one of more value. Now that they went and learned some things the hard way, they will certainly appreciate you more.

Your agency will also have a chance to better understand them, too. To do this, I would dig into the comparisons of the two agencies and use it as a chance to ask... what can I do better for you this time? And use it as a chance to reiterate your strengths and to let them know how much you missed them during the hiatus.

Hope you have a great weekend,

James 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
That's great to hear! It's certainly fun and validating the first few times it happens. I've also had this happen over the years. The client's think that the grass is greener or cheaper on the other side. But, then you realize that "you get what you pay for" and "cheaper doesn't equal better"

I did have to cut a client off once b/c they pulled this move like 4 times in a row. I was like "you either trust me by now or you don't" -- I was frustrated having to "refix" the campaign every few months.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
umm... think twice about re-hiring them as a client, if budget is the biggest deal, they might find someone else and leave you tomorrow, and also, what about some revenge..... Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
It is nice that they realized they had it better with you but it sounds like the start of a bad marriage...