AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Granting access to Adwords - do I have to do it?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

My Agency Development Manager is nudging me to grant him access to every new Adwords account I set for a new client. Do I have to do it?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Granting access to Adwords - do I have to do it?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni
I would say no as the Agency Managers are provided to use or not use, your choice, so you should be able to give him access to only what you want to. Of course I do not know how that will affect his ability to help you...

Re: Granting access to Adwords - do I have to do it?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Kasia,

It's likely a way for them to get some sort of credit for the account, as well as trying to identify new opportunities. I always find this interesting, some reps need access granted, others just seem to have access and request permission to help us make changes. I've always respectfully denied both requests.

No one at Google should need direct access to your accounts, unless you're requesting that they make changes - they should be able to login and look without too much issue.

At the end of the day, you don't have to do anything Google or their reps ask (Edit: to a certain extent). These accounts belong to you or your clients.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’