Partners
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Googler Spotlight: Sara Radin

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Googler Spotlight: @Sara R
Join Global Google Display Network Automation Sara Radin tomorrow (Thursday, August 28) at 11am PDT / 2pm EDT for an informative Hangout on GDN automation: https://goo.gl/DUwVdd. This will be a live Hangout on Air with a Q&A, so come prepared with lots of questions!

We’re throwing the spotlight on Sara today to help you get to know her and autobidding ahead of the HOA.

Sara Radin.jpg

Tell us a bit about your path to becoming a Googler.

I started my career at an advertising agency and spent six years working on a range of clients before coming to Google. Prior to being in this role here, I spent a year and a half working on our sales side.

What is the best piece of career advice someone ever gave you?

Early on, I had a manager tell me to never use more than one exclamation mark in an email. I still scan every email before I send to make sure it  has only one.

What most excites you about [product/service you work with Display Auto bidding?

Display auto-bidding is always evolving. I am constantly learning so much from our advertisers about what they need from us - and it allows us to grow and evolve the product constantly.

What is the most important thing our members should know about Auto bidding?

It works really well! I am the ultimate skeptic, but seeing is believing and the performance Google Auto-Bidding drives is truly amazing. Advertisers on average typically see 20% more conversions and a 13% better CPA versus manual bidding.

If you could use only one Google product for the rest of your life, which would you pick?

Google Search. I am a very curious person! Growing up, I had a limit on the number of questions I could ask every night.

What’s your favorite thing to do outside of work and away from the computer/phone?

Travel. Recent destinations have included Peru and Machu Picchu and Mexico. I am also lucky enough to get to travel to great places for Google. Recent destinations have been Berlin, London and Dublin. I also love to read and all of the long plane rides afford me lots of time to read!

IMG_3998 (1).JPGIMG_4233.JPG

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Googler Spotlight: Sara Radin

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Amazing! Great spotlight and I love the travel you get to do... My 11 year old daughter is very curious like you. She has always been the question asker in the family. I often find myself saying "i don't know, let's google that" -- Many of my phone searches are trying to answer the questions she comes up with on our car rides. lol