AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Googler Spotlight: Sara Radin

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Googler Spotlight: @Sara R
Join Global Google Display Network Automation Sara Radin tomorrow (Thursday, August 28) at 11am PDT / 2pm EDT for an informative Hangout on GDN automation: https://goo.gl/DUwVdd. This will be a live Hangout on Air with a Q&A, so come prepared with lots of questions!

We’re throwing the spotlight on Sara today to help you get to know her and autobidding ahead of the HOA.

Sara Radin.jpg

Tell us a bit about your path to becoming a Googler.

I started my career at an advertising agency and spent six years working on a range of clients before coming to Google. Prior to being in this role here, I spent a year and a half working on our sales side.

What is the best piece of career advice someone ever gave you?

Early on, I had a manager tell me to never use more than one exclamation mark in an email. I still scan every email before I send to make sure it  has only one.

What most excites you about [product/service you work with Display Auto bidding?

Display auto-bidding is always evolving. I am constantly learning so much from our advertisers about what they need from us - and it allows us to grow and evolve the product constantly.

What is the most important thing our members should know about Auto bidding?

It works really well! I am the ultimate skeptic, but seeing is believing and the performance Google Auto-Bidding drives is truly amazing. Advertisers on average typically see 20% more conversions and a 13% better CPA versus manual bidding.

If you could use only one Google product for the rest of your life, which would you pick?

Google Search. I am a very curious person! Growing up, I had a limit on the number of questions I could ask every night.

What’s your favorite thing to do outside of work and away from the computer/phone?

Travel. Recent destinations have included Peru and Machu Picchu and Mexico. I am also lucky enough to get to travel to great places for Google. Recent destinations have been Berlin, London and Dublin. I also love to read and all of the long plane rides afford me lots of time to read!

IMG_3998 (1).JPGIMG_4233.JPG

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Googler Spotlight: Sara Radin

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Amazing! Great spotlight and I love the travel you get to do... My 11 year old daughter is very curious like you. She has always been the question asker in the family. I often find myself saying "i don't know, let's google that" -- Many of my phone searches are trying to answer the questions she comes up with on our car rides. lol