Partners
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Google's Structured Data Testing Tool (False positive?)

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Google's Structured Data Testing Tool is showing an error on a line of code that which I don't see a problem with.

Anyone have any ideas?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google's Structured Data Testing Tool (False positive?)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Jay,

Are you using the URL or code structure for the test? I just wanted to share what worked for me in instances of false positives. I have seen issues like this in the past. What worked was testing with other browsers and in some instances just clearing out cache. And in some instances of error I have seen it a take time to cycle through, for example just keep testing over the next few weeks and the message could go away if you have checked the code for error.

If it still persists maybe sharing the line of code in question. Not sure if you have seen this help file but maybe it could give you some clues to the issue.

Last you can click the gear icon and send feedback to the team about the issue, so they can look closer. 

Just wanted to give you some ideas until others come to the post with possible reasons or solutions. 

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Spencer,

I used the URL for the test. Also I just used Chrome in Incognito mode for the test just now and got the same result I did earlier in Safari.

>"...you can click the gear icon and send feedback to the team about the issue, so they can look closer"

Aha. Thanks for that. Missed seeing that.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

No problem at all, I was beta testing a few new tools recently and ran into issues similar to this and they seemed to wash out after a few updates. Keep us posted on any change you see!  

Have a great day! 

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner