AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Google recommends - What is YOUR opinion on that matter?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google recommends these platforms for "fast" and "efficient" web design on this page https://testmysite.thinkwithgoogle.com/solutions

Personally I stay away from any of the suggested platforms, wonder what is YOUR opinion on that matter, and why do you think google doesn't pick up on Wordpress for example (which I believe most of us use...)

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google recommends - What is YOUR opinion on that matter?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Normally I would not consider rebuilding a website on Weebly or Wix, but I have not tried Duda. Something to consider is that Google Domains also partners with Weebly, Wix, Blogger, Shoppify and SquareSpace. From what I know SquareSpare is a good platform, but the others have their limitations.

According to a disclaimer on Google Domains, "Google may be compensated by some of these providers." I believe a similar disclaimer might apply to TestMySite. Keep in mind that Google partners with a number of different companies and content management systems on a variety of projects. They worked with WordPress on the AMP Project, this community is based on a system from Lithium, and others depending mutual interests. 

They have never escalated one content management system over others to my knowledge and from what information is available, it is supposed to be an even playing field. 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hey Shahar, That is weird...From what I can tell is these are more plug and play as compared to wordpress takes some basic knowledge, plus the additional plugins that come with WP play havoc at times on people's sites so maybe these are setup to G's liking from the get go. ... Just my thoughts....

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Shahar O,

TestmySite is a consumer-level product geared towards getting as many websites as possible modernized and mobile-friendly, so they are simply offering "consumer-level" suggestions so that those with absolutely no tech skills can find a solution provider. 

As @miguel m and @Spencer_Wade already stated, these are possible options... not necessarily the ideal ones, nor are they preferred overall within the web developer world. If you are good with HTML5 & CSS 3.0... go with that. If you are a WordPress wiz... go with that.

The point of TestmySite is to show more info about what a website is doing from the technical standpoint.

You can find site speed and more from another Google product, which is from their Developers team, Google Developers PageSpeed Insights. This tool will actually provide optimized content and present more info for bring your current site up to speed... and does not offer webcode platform suggestions as it is geared towards the more tech savvy. 

Happy Friday!

- James

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni
I think they are trying to make it possible for someone new to the web to get their needs met with Google ie domain, website, ads... All self service as a starting place