Partners
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Community space to get to know one another, talk about marketing and advertising strategy
Guide Me
star_border

Google adds click to call numbers to mobile search results!

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Today I noticed that Google has added click to call phone numbers directly under search results. I saw this when I searched my own business up on Google via my iPhone6.image.pngGoogle adds click to call to search results on mobile

They have said that Google was fully rolling out the mobile friendly upgrade to google search this week so this may be another part of it. This images a screenshot of those search results. Not every page in that search displayed the phone number though so there must be a specific criteria the triggers it to show whether that is having the number visibly displayed on the page in question or having it as part of the business description schema markup on the page I am not sure. Or maybe the phone number just appears once per business in any given set of search results.

I think this is pretty awesome for businesses on the web. I will have to do more exploring to see whether these numbers show up in more generalized searches for a product or service as opposed to a direct search for the business website. At any rate businesses time to make sure that your phone number is available on mobile devices when people search so keep an eye on this as it develops!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google adds click to call numbers to mobile search results!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Whoa! That's big! And definitely need more info, how the numbers are being found and displayed for click to call, also how that will show up in your analytics, if at all. I would really hope it shows in analytics.